training for a marathon

Options
Hi folks - I am training for a marathon at the end of the year. It is not something natually within me to get this wide *kitten* out there to run and would love to share this journey with others..... I'd love to be your friend.

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I am also training for my first marathon at the end of this year as well :)
    Disneyworld 2012 baby!
  • TorridCutie
    TorridCutie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in week 10 of my marathon training program. My marathon is on October 16th. I cannot believe it is almost coming up.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am in week 10 or 18 of my training plan. My full is on October 16th. 2 more months to go! 1 month until I taper. I love that word!!
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Re: I am in week 10 or 18 of my training plan. My full is on October 16th. 2 more months to go! 1 month until I taper. I love that word!!

I'm in the same boat...and...I hereby propose a toast to tapering ! Best of luck with your training schedule, you'll get lots of support and motivation here. Cheers !
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Taper is fine... you have the excitement of a race. But recovery week ... thats sucks! :) Thats what I am in right now ... this forced rest is going to kill me!
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow runner! Would love to support you :)
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you all for taking on the challenge.. I have completed 2 Full Marathons you are all in for a life changing experience in a good way.

i don't know if you have seen any running movies but would recommend " The Spirit Of the Marathon"

feel free to add me to your friends I would Love to go along on your Marathon Journey

Good Luck To You All