Hi.

Options
Hi, I'm Cheryl. New to Myfitnesspal, but not new to fitness. Back in highschool I ran track and was in the best shape of my life until about the age of 23. Unfortunately, dealing with depression and loss of self-esteem has put me in a position where I hardly recognize myself anymore. I'm 28 now and would like to take back those years that depression has stolen from me. I'm ready to fit into those skinny jeans again that have been collecting dust in my closet!

Replies

• PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.
    Best wishes!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    HI!:smile: YOU CAN DO THIS GIRLIE!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    welcome and good luck!!!!
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Youre gonna love it here, and welcome!
  • auba2004
    auba2004 Posts: 12
    Options
    welcome!!!!!!!! I have personaly had an amazing expiernce here so far! It really helps seeing your food intake and gettign support from others! I have lost about 6 pounds in 10days...now mind you i am very very overwieght!!! and i also gave up pop and started walking a mile and a half everyday ...you can do this!! If i can anyone can!! feel free to add me!
  • Cheryl7621
    Cheryl7621 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I truly understand where you are! I was athletic in high school/ college and to make a long story short, I battled depression, tragedy and an unstable self-esteem... low & behold, I found myself in an unrecognizable state (on a lot of fronts). A lot has contributed to my rising out of my pit, as I refer to it, and one of those things has been MFP. The support can sometimes keep you going when you can't find that strength and that can make all the difference.

I am excited that you are here and would love to support you any way I can (send me a friend request if you'd like)!
    All the best,
    Amy
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You will do great Cheryl!!! You got this:)
  • BlutAura
    BlutAura Posts: 97
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Have confidence I'm sure you will reach your goals!
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well you've made the first step! Feel free to add me as a friend ...im new here to so maybe we can help each other!!