Ya know what stinks?

Options
Once upon a time, 20 pounds was my goal. Now I have lost about that amount (19.5!) and no one has even noticed. My husband doesn't count. :( I just saw a group of people I rarely see but I will see them again at Christmas. I hope I have lost enough to show by then!

Replies

• bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    You know you lost 20 pounds, that's the most important thing.
    You are not doing this to please others, but to improve your health and to reach your goals.
    I know that most humans are concerned with what others think of their appearance (me included), but as long as YOU know you did it, that's good enough.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I am experiencing the same thing. Oh well, I feel great and I know it will show sooner or later! :)
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I know what you mean, BUT, it just goes to show that your friends love you for who you are and not what you look like and that's a GREAT thing!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    believe me, IT SHOWS! my friends never said word one till one night when they were wasted, they started talking about how good i look! sad it took them to be drunk to get their true feelings out, especially when they KNOW how hard ive been working for this, but i never needed them to say anything because i could tell, and that's whose opinion matters the most :)
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. People didn't start noticing until I had lost 30 lbs. I also think that sometimes people keep their comments to themselves out of fear that they might offend you, especially if they don't know that you're trying to loose weight. Congratulations, and keep up the hard work!
  • Fatcatsmom
    Options
    I kind of feel the same, I've lost 18 lbs (hopefully more that was 2 weeks ago when I last weighed myself) and no one has noticed. Then I remind myself that I'm not doing it for anyone else, just for me, and I'm feeling better, have more energy and I've gone down a pant size. I guess because I have so much to lose -around 100 more- its hard for others to see that 'little bit' gone. But you've done a good job- way to go.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I also think that sometimes people keep their comments to themselves out of fear that they might offend you, especially if they don't know that you're trying to loose weight.
    I agree, I was down around 50-60 lbs before people started saying anything, congrats on the 20 lbs! You Husband DOES count
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No joke, People didn't start saying anything to me until about 40 - 50lbs. After that I got it all the time, but in the beginning nothing.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Dont worry it will stat showing soon. And the next time you see them try to get a new outfit or wear the size that you actually are instead of the baggy stuff that you have, people will start commenting. :)
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A person always wants to be recognized for what they accomplish and 20 lbs. lost is amazing but unfortunately our needs/ priorities usually don't coincide with others. I found that when I could stop focusing on other people noticing and focusing on the non-scale victories, my confidence in myself grew, and suddenly people started noticing changes in me. Ultimately, you deserve to be noticed/ acknowledged by yourself first; maybe it will help to think of the most important reason to loosing weight: the journey towards "health" not "weight loss".

I wish you all the best!
    Amy
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    My fam and friends are silent but strangers quit asking me when my (nonexistent) baby was due - so I know I am changing.

My other bummer is that my clothes were really tight so I have to fit in them first, and then loose weight before they will be too big. I am sure a new outfit or too would get some familial attention but I refuse to spend the money right now.
  • manorexicmarshmallow
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost 30 pounds and the only one who's said anything is the receptionist (my wife doesn't even say anything unless I go fishing for compliments). This may be more because the people I work with (except the receptionist) are a-holes though.