Dessert Options

Options
Hey all! I would love to hear what people like to have for dessert options at home. Some days I am just really craving something dessert-like to end my day, especially if I have had a really good day in terms of eating well and exercising. I just don't want to go grab something that is super unhealthy though. Anywho, I am interested to learn what others do to satisfy their sweet-tooth that doesn't ruin a healthy day :) thanks!

Replies

• tikkamasala
    tikkamasala Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    edy's sugar free fruit bars-- only 25 calories-- great in the summer!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Stretch Island Fruit Leather - Strawberry is 45 cals.
    Fiber One brownie - 90 calories
    Kozy Shack Rice Pudding cup - 130 calories
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream cup - 150ish calories I think
    :D I love all these.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Fiber One Bronwnies...only 90 calories each and a great way to get your fiber in. I also like the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches that have about 140 calories. I also try to eat some sort of fruit with my dinner so I don't crave sweets as much.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Activia Dessert Yogurts?
    Yogurt Burst Cheerios? Measure them!! It is very easy to accidentally get more than one serving!
    Any kind of Fresh Fruit?
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Fruit... but something really sweet (in-season) and juicy... peaches, cantaloupe, strawberries (with whipped cream). Or sometimes those Cocoa Roast Almonds suffice as well.
  • newnormal2010
    Options
    Pretty much anything by Skinny Cow -- they range from 100 to 130 calories, I think.
    Vanilla yogurt with SF chocolate syrup stirred in.
    Frozen grapes.
  • LIndabuskin
    Options
    Baked Egg Custard using splenda and Rhubarb cooked in diet jelly (only use 1/2 the amount of water) The jelly will set but if you want it liquid just zap in the microwave.
  • michelleherinckx
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I have heard a lot of people recommending fruit....maybe tomorrow I will go grab some strawberries.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    - Fruit and cottage cheese
    - 1 oz dark chocolate (70%)
    - Klondike 100 cal Slim-a-Bear
    - 1tbsp Nutella on Hi-Del graham crackers (they're organic and less sugary)
    - Dark chocolate dipped 1/2 banana dipped in almond chunks (so easy to make and soooo good!)
    - Dark chocolate dipped strawberries (again, homemade)
    - Gelato, there is a local company that makes lots of delish flavors that are only 100 cals a serving

Tonight I had a Chobani mango yogurt when I noticed I've been skimping on the calcium of late.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I make pudding into whipped ice cream. I have an immersion blender/whip, I use that in combination with nesting bowls in an ice bath so that as I'm mixing the pudding mix into the milk, I'm also whipping and chilling it at the same time. It takes it from four 1/2 cup servings to six, so you get a third fewer calories than regular pudding, and you can tell yourself its ice cream after you've stuck it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hoodsie cups - 100 cal