Losing weight after thyroidectomy and any thyroid issues nee

Options
Its possible Im not giving up I'm looking for others trying to lose weight that may have some thyroid challenges...I would love to get support and support others going through thyroid challenges its a little slower but we can do it With support!

Replies

• hollyc331
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid and my mom has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. We're both losing weight together by using a physician's weight loss program through the Bariatric Clinic (which might only exist in the Carolinas, but there are probably other similar clinics around the country) and Rx appetite suppressants. She isn't using MFP, but is able to control how much she eats. Myself on the other hand, I use MFP because it helps me stay within my limits (I like to eat!) and I love checklists! We walk in the evenings after the weather cools down for 30 minutes around our neighborhood almost everyday. Thyroid problems pose plenty of obstacles for people like us who just want to look and feel healthy and beautiful. But like you said, support is key, because it does take longer for us to reach weight goals. I got your back!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I never had t hyroid issues, but wanted to say how great it is that you are not allowing your limitations keep you from your goals! It IS hard to go slowly, but hopefully understanding and support will help you keep on track!!! I wish you the VERY best and will be rooting for you!
  • karaklj
    karaklj Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... Its nice to know im not alone although I don't like to see anyone go through this.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I was diagnose with Thyroid Cancer in 2005 and had my Thyroid removed. I went through several rounds of radiation as well. I have tried many things to lose this weight but honestly MFP is the only thing that has truly helped, here I make myself accountable and for me that was the first step. Oh and I work out 56 days a week. Lol I wish you lots of luck with this!
  • nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    Options
    I had surgery in Feb 2011 and had both my thyroids removed. I've gained over 20 lbs since, I've tried other diets but the weight come right back up. So i just started MFP 2 weeks ago, and so far so good. I think the main thing is to being patient, the weight will come off slower than other people. But i know its possible, especially seeing some members on MFP before and after pictures who has hypothyroid. Gook Luck! I take each day at a time!
  • karaklj
    karaklj Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you!