New Day

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. My name is Sandy.
After a couple failed crash diets, I finally decided to take my time and try to loose some weight the right way by exercising and eating right. So far so good, I've been able to excercise and my eating habits have not been too bad, but it is hard to resist the snacking when sitting at your desk all day in front of the computer or at night in front of the TV.
I'm trying to set a good example for my 9 year old daughter, who I noticed is starting the same bad habits as me.
So any advice would be appreciated...
Good luck to all of you in your efforts to loose those few extra pounds!
Sandy :smile:

103332.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. My name is Sandy.
    After a couple failed crash diets, I finally decided to take my time and try to loose some weight the right way by exercising and eating right. So far so good, I've been able to excercise and my eating habits have not been too bad, but it is hard to resist the snacking when sitting at your desk all day in front of the computer or at night in front of the TV.
    I'm trying to set a good example for my 9 year old daughter, who I noticed is starting the same bad habits as me.
    So any advice would be appreciated...
    Good luck to all of you in your efforts to loose those few extra pounds!
    Sandy :smile:

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I think you should have a regular mother-daughter day where you do something fun that won't have you sitting in front of a TV snacking. Find something she's interested in that could be a fun way to get a little exercise, like walking around a museum if she's into art/history/whatever, or play a little one-on-one of her favorite sport. Mix it up, especially with seasonal activities: ice skating in winter, kite flying in spring, swimming in summer, and in fall just rake the yard and jump in the leaves then do it again. Set a date once or twice a month, enough to make it a regular thing but not so often that either one of you start to resent it.

Congratulations on your weight loss and being a great mom! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is some great advice! She's been asking me to ride our bikes together. That will be something fun to do together.
    Congratulations on your weight loss also!