a question

Options
i work out on a nordic track elliptical at home most frequently. now it's calorie counter gives me it's estimate on my calories burned but when i searched elliptical trainer on MFP it says that based on my weight i am burning twice as many calories as my machine is calculating.

so the question is which number would you use?? i have been using the number from my elliptical just because it is the lower of the two numbers and it's always better to be cautious, but i do try to eat back my exercise calories and if i am burning 600 instead of 300 thats a big difference.

right now i losing a fair amount but i am only a few weeks into my lifestyle change so i could plateau soon if i am not eating enough calories or eating to many?

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Go with what your eliptical is telling you - MFP is a tad on the generous side when it comes to estimating calories used during excercise. I would also recommend you get yourself a HRM which would be the most accurate method of telling you the calories you've burnt during exercise.
  • robinellis
    Options
    thanks!!