is it hard

i was wondering if it is hard to do

Replies

• i was wondering if it is hard to do
  • getting heathy? yes it is....but in the long run it is so worth it......once you change your life style it becomes easier....each and every day you make the effort to change your life for the better it gets easier....yes we all have our bad days but depending on the way you look at it you can make it a good day too...

best of luck to you...we are all here for you and each other
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    It's not easy, but I'm trying to focus on how I'll feel when I reach my goal. GL. Getting started is the hardest part. Once you're in a routine, it will come more naturally.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Is it hard to count the calories?
    Well it can be a challenge to get your eating habits to meet up with your calories at times. However the pay off is that you start to feel better. When you are feeling better you feel better about yourself. It may seem daunting at first but baby steps count. If you normally don't walk around the block and you do one day that is a step in making yourself better. You are worth it and it gets easier as time goes on. I thought when I began that I could never say no to a piece of chocolate. But guess what I went to the break room and there were chocolates someone had laid out. It didn't bother me I wasn't tempted. Not saying I am not tempted by the tasty treats in my cupboard but it is easier knowing they are their and I can make a choice to eat them later if I need to.

Sometimes choices are hard but the baby step choices are easy and pretty soon those baby steps have added up.

Just my 2 cents :bigsmile:

You can do this and we are glad you are here.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    The hardest part is breaking the bad habits we have had for so many years. It is challenging to go to the supermarket at first but the more you do it the easier it gets. Before you know it, it becomes second nature and you can’t image eating any other way then healthy.
    I have learned a whole new way of cooking and I love the food that I now eat. My cupboards and frig are full of lots of wonderful and healthy foods.
    Just start out slow and don’t try to make all the changes in one day. Take it day at a time and you will lose the weight you want and need to lose.
    Good luck to you. We are here for you.
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • wibrown
    wibrown Posts: 30
    Hard is not a good word for it. It is only hard it you make it that way. I felt the same way everytime the doctor said "you need to lose weight" I would think 165 pounds is going to be hard to lose. Let me tell you There is something about this site that has made it easy to WANT to get healthy. I have decided to stop using the word DIET. That word makes everything harder. I say I want to live better or lose weight. Family support also makes it easier (or friends) and that is what we are here for. I have wore off on my husband, I just started this month and he just signed up yesterday. Tonight for supper he wanted to know how many calories was in supper. I could only think awsome. I did extra situps i was so happy. See family helps.