Quick, savoury breakfast ideas please

Options
2»

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge savoury person too- here are a few of my faves:

1 ) Indian potato & smoked mackrel hash- about 300 cals.

Take about 4-5 baby potatoes (baby new potatoes, charlotte potatoes or pearl potatoes). Parboil and spray with 1 cal spray evoo (or just use a little oil) season with salt & pepper and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of cayenne pepper and some cumin (seeds or ground). Finish in the oven for 10-15 mins and serve with a flaked smoked mackrel fillet, or kipper fillet, some chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) and some halved cherry tomatoes and strips of pepper. Probably takes over 20 mins so best for the weekend.

2) Creamy mushrooms on toast

Chop up a handful of mushrooms, and 1/2 a red onion and sautee in spray oil. Add a tbsp of low fat cream cheese (I used philadelphia extra light) If you wish, add some garlic salts or a clove of crushed garlic. Finish off with some mixed herbs or fresh chopped flat leaf parsley. Serve on wholemeal toast.

3) Chorizo slices, chopped up mixed peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion and leaf spinach- all sauteed with spray oil. Season with a pinch of smoked paprika and black pepper. Have as is, or top with a poached egg.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Morning Star - Original Sausage Patties-Veggie Patties, 1 patty
    80 calories
    3 Carbs
    3 Fat
    10 Protein
    260 Sodium
    1 Fiber

Homemade - Egg White 1 Scrambled, 1 large (1.2 oz)
    17 calories
    0 carbs
    0 fat
    4 Protien
    55 Sodium
    0 Fiber

Bread - Sandwich Thins - Arnold Select - Whole Wheat, 1 roll
    100 calories
    22 carbs
    1 fat
    5 Protein
    170 Sodium
    5 Fiber

Result... fantastic veggie sausage breakfast sandwich with calories to spare if you want to add cheese!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    OK just cal counted my favourite breakfast just in case it came in under 300 cals, but it's 335... you could skip the hollandaise or just have one egg?

Halve a breakfast muffin, toast it, put half a slice of ham on each, then a poached egg and top with a small dollop of hollandaise sauce

Sainsbury's Basics - White Muffin, 1 muffin 147
    Sainsbury's - Honey Roast Ham Slices, 1 slice
    Generic - Medium Free Range Egg Poached, 2 Egg 140
    Sainsbury's - Hollandaise Sauce, 15 g 29

Love poached eggs since I discovered poaching pods!