Foot Tendonitis - Again

Options
I can't believe this is happening again. Started exercising in January and in March hurt my foot and was diagnoised with Foot Tendonitis, could not exercise for 8 weeks then in May started to walk some distance on it to get the food mobilised like Dr stated then in June started exercising again and last night foot started hurting again all around the same joint and tendon as last time. It is painful but this time all the veins in my foot around the joint are prominent (foot looks a bit like a map) so phoned the Dr and can't get an appointment until Monday evening.

Has anyone every had recurring bouts of Foot tendonitis as its annoying I can't exercise as unfortunately I am one of these people that no matter my diet I do not loose weight unless I exercise. As when I hurt the foot first time in March the whole 8 weeks I did not exercise did not loose one pound had a 8 week plateu. :sad:

Replies

• DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm Sorry to hear that, but there's a few factors that you should check:
    how old are you?
    what's your BMI?
    are you walking or running?
    are you taking any medications? (includes vitamins, aspirin, etc...)
    Is there any history in your family of high cholesterol?
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    And here I thought it was just something random that I got! I got it last summer, around this time, and at the time it hurt so bad I thought my foot was broken. My dr prescribed me naproxen and physio, which cleared it up in about 6 weeks. It started acting up again a couple weeks ago, so I'm back on naproxen, and I'm using the stationary bike at the gym instead of trying to run or walk for my exercise. Also, my dr told me it's from clenching my toes when I wear flip flops or flats, so I've been wearing sneakers and covered shoes lately (which kinda sucks because it's summer and I want to wear sandals), and I've noticed walking is a lot easier and it's less painful throughout the day. Maybe give that a try? Hope this helps! I know how painful it can be!!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Go to a sports medicine clinic and see a pysyotherapist. I don't have your problem, but find that doctors tell you to stop exercising far too easily. the Sports Medicine folk are invested in getting you back in the game quicker.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks, nmartin88 nice to know its not just me. Was thinking that at 38 the ole body is packing up on me lol. Since I hurt it the first time been wearing sneakers that my Dr recommended buying and covered shoes. But at the moment I am finding that I can't keep my shoes on as it is hurting the foot too much, am sat at my desk at work with one sneaker on and one off.
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    When I was in physio, the physiotherapist told me to massage my foot, kind of across the ligaments and bones (so left to right across the top of the foot). Also, he told me to hold my leg out straight, then alternate between pulling my foot towards me and clenching my toes, then pushing it away and spreading my toes. Some days it's REALLY painful, but I find these small exercises can make a big difference. Good luck! =)