So about Exercise calories.....

Options
How many of you have had success with eating your exercise calories and how many have had success not eating your exercise calories? Is there going to be a bigger change in weight loss with eating the calories or not eating them? Just wondering! Thanks All! :drinker:

Replies

• upskari4
    Options
    How many of you have had success with eating your exercise calories and how many have had success not eating your exercise calories? Is there going to be a bigger change in weight loss with eating the calories or not eating them? Just wondering! Thanks All! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I eat at least half of them back and have had success in doing so.
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    I eat half to a quarter of mine and I'm doing fine. :]
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I eat all mine. Doing great until a little while ago, but my new road block has to do with stress, not eating exercise calories.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    don't eat mine but ussually go over on the weekends so it balances out to about half. I'm seeing results
  • kitt8980
    kitt8980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There are some days where I eat parts and other days where I try to stay away from my exercise calories. I am losing but it's taking me more time then I would like.
  • cookie23
    Options
    Listen to your body. Just because you have the calories doesn't mean you have to use them. If you are hungry then use them. I wait til a few hours after dinner, and if I'm not sure if I want something, I usually drink 12 ounces of water or seltzer. Then if Im still hungy in a half hour, I will break into the extra calories.
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wasn't losing any weight until I started eating most of my exercise calories! After I started eating them, I lost about eight pounds!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I eat all of them if I use my HRM, since it is accurate. But if I don't use it, I eat about 70-80% of them.
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    I eat around quarter of mine.
    today it was nearly all, because I went on a little binge
    but yeah, I dont eat them all, I physically can't eat that much, I find it hard enough eating 1200
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I eat about half of mine the majority of the time and every now and then eat all of them and a few extra. I've had no trouble loosing weight but the weight loss has slowed down as I've had less to lose.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I eat em...usually all of them...
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten exercise calories. In fact I don't enter my exercise until the end of the day so I have an accurate calorie reading.

However- I also do not use the daily calories recommended by this site. I have strictly used this site to keep track of my calories consumed. I am, and have been, working with a trainer and I go off of her meal plan for me. Her meal plans do take into account how much I exercise daily, so I am not worried about going into starvation mode. I have checked what this site would reccomend for my daily calories, and my meal plan is well over what this site recommends. I have lost, and attained my goal weight, by listening to my trainer.

As someone said earlier, listen to your body. Each person is different, what works for one, may not work for another.

Good luck!!