Cottage Cheese - Interesting?

Options
kristidem
kristidem Posts: 160 Member
How do you make Cottage Cheese not so plain and boring?

Replies

• Jthurston1
    Jthurston1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love it served over garden ripe tomatoes and sprinkled with sea salt andmpepper! Mmmmm!
  • Jthurston1
    Jthurston1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My friends loves it with pineapple chunks mixed in....I've never tried it that way.....
  • highland_sky
    highland_sky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My favoite recipe is to take a small package of tuna, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and about 1/2 cup of fresh salsa and mix. My friends usually turn up their nose until they try it..... very yummy.
  • sdsmart
    sdsmart Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a mix of toasted sesame seeds and sunflower seeds over top, yum!
  • melmck2011
    Options
    I use a couple tbsp of crushed pineapple in mine. I'm gonna try pepper thought, I've read that's good.
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Definately with Pineapple chunks and a small baked potato:wink:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese and a TBLS of sugar free cheesecake pudding (or whatever flavor floats your boat) in a mini food processor - Yumm-O!
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Use it on a salad and it cuts down on dressing required. Scoop it with crackers.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I mix in celery, carrots, and peppers. Tomatoes are good with it too
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating cottage cheese, and switched to just have nonfat plain greek yogurt (chobani is my favorite). Cottage cheese has too much sodium, and I used to eat it as a source of protein, but the greek yogurt has way more protein and tastes better, to me. It was a no brainer for me.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    OMG!! Just last week some one shared this site. Cottage cheese makes the most wonderfully thick shakes. My fave is the cheesecake. Here's where to go for the recipes: http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/
    They will keep you full for hours and hours!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I like it with applesauce mixed in.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of ricotta cheese in recipes (lasagna) , garnish it with chopped tomatoes & green peppers. I like it melted on top a burger instead of cheddar cheese it's kind of like a black & bleu burger . You can also eat cottage cheese with fruit like strawberries or peaches.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i make it, like the cottage doubles, and mix it with a bit of blueberry pie filling..i think i have a recipe for a dip, using cottage cheese simple to make, never made it myself, yet..

2 C lowfat cottage cheese
    1/4 C fat free sour cream
    1/2 tsp seasoned salt
    1/4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
    3 med. cucumbers cut into 1/4 inch slices

in a med bowl, mix all ingredients except cukes..serve dip with cucke slices
    makes 10 servings about 2 tbsp dip and 6 cuke slices each
    50 cals 1 fat 270 sodium
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My every day dinner has cottage cheese mixed up with vegetables & penne pasta integral :-) Check my diary. Cottage cheese is my main protein for my muscle building workout :-) I love it :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My favoite recipe is to take a small package of tuna, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and about 1/2 cup of fresh salsa and mix. My friends usually turn up their nose until they try it..... very yummy.

I am going to try this!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I like it with LOTS of fresh ground black pepper. :heart:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There are many things you can do with cottage cheese. You can add fruits (pineapple and peaches are my favorite). I also use it in place of salad dressing and add pepper to it. I have had it with tomatoes and peppers. It is cheese. You can use it in many of the same ways you would use other cheese.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1. Sliced strawberries, half a banana, a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. :heart:

2. Toasted "light" English muffin, 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese on each half, a teaspoon of honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon, sliced pears or banana. Absolutely yummy. :heart:

:drinker:
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options

I am going to try this!

I'm trying this one too! Sounds great!