No Sweat, No Point!

Options
Okay so for the last two months I've been working hard to loose the weight. Actually in the last month I've been working way harder then the month prior. New diet, new activities, pushing further with my goals.

Since June 15th I've lost 31 lbs. From 292- 260.6 this morning. This has never happened to me before, theres a reason. Lack of motivation. When I was at the gym (Which I joined a few times and never stuck with) I would always work really hard for a short few weeks, then pretty much fall apart. the idea of loosing the weight after years! of work out destroyed my motivation... YEARS! What?! No way! I need this now!

I had no idea that I could loose this weight so fast, and I know it's not just about loosing the weight but keeping it at goal weight. I know the dangers of losing too fast and I know that I have to keep my body toned to keep up with the ....loose skin.... Anyways the point I was trying to make is this simple phrase I repeat to myself while walking, doing the stairs, swimming, and so on... No Sweat! No Point! If I'm not sweating, then why am I doing it? Transportation, fine thats a fair reason...but If I'm replacing the normal time I would have used for exercise, then why not push myself to get there faster? However if I do my work outs, activities and eat right, then yes I will take it easy and simply walk to work or friends house.

When I'm not enjoying the transportation part of walking, then I'm power housing it, not jogging, but instead speed walking. On a normal day I would walk at least at a 3.5 setting. 3 being the lowest. when I slow further down to 2 or 2.5 I remind myself of the truth - No sweat, No Point!

Replies

• Lexiehsub76
    Options
    I love your post keep up the good work!!! Be Blessed!!!:flowerforyou:
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    First of all Congrats on the loss of 31 lbs. Doesn't it feel so great? Thanks for this post. I love reading posts like this to give me motivation and reminders. I will remember this one....No Sweat, No Point. And thanks for the tip about ...loose skin. I have been fearing that and wondered how to avoid it. Keep up the great work!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ha I said that to myself on my walk last night. Sweat dripping down my neck was satisfying where it used to be a signal to 'slow down!' lol