Hello, from Dayton OH

Options
Hello, I'm new here. I found this tool and hope it will support me on my journey toward a healthier me. I recently joined a diabetes prevention class that my insurance was offering. As part of that program, I have to track my fat grams and this seems to have some good tools for that.

Good luck everyone on your own personal journey.

Sandra

Replies

• tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! This website has really helped me. I love it. :)
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck. This website has helped me greatly!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am from Troy, Oh!! Not far from you!! Feel free to add me if you would like!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Tracking really works. Something different when it's right in your face. You can't lie to yourself.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey Dayton! Welcome! I'm from Medina, Ohio:happy: You've made the right move, this site is awesome. Make sure you get friends to help you through your journey. Sending a request your way:flowerforyou:
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Dayton area too. I joined after my hubby found the app on his iphone, and it sounded good for accountability. I've been logging for almost 75 days, and have lost 17 lbs. It's a slow steady race, but I feel like I'm winning! Lots of good encouraging folks on here too, and great tools! Good luck, and add me as a friend if you'd like. :-)
    J.
  • simplysan67
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have tried different diets and plans over the years. My biggest challenge will probably be to exercise. I have lots of excuses or what I prefer to call them...reasons not to do too much. I have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis that causes me a lot of grief when I'm too active. At the same time, I know that if I can loose some weight, I will have less problems with the JRA.

I haven't weighed myself since last Thursday. I'm part of a diabetes prevention class at the Huber Heights YMCA and we weigh in on Thursday nights. I try not to weigh in on other days because I find it depressing. LOL