Challenge-one day meat free

Options
Whether you're a full blown carnivore, pescatarian, or flexatarian (mostly vegetarian, but eat meat sometimes), this challenge is to go one day meat-free this week. Studies show that people who are vegetarian tend to have a lower BMI on average. I'm not planning on turning vegan or anything, that's too restrictive for me. But I'm going to try one day meat-free this week just to see how it feels. Anyone in?
We can check in next week to see how it went and share what yummy meat-free foods you concocted.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Good for you. I started as a "flexitarian" and now am a vegetarian.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We already do it once a week, and it's not only good for you, but good for the environment!! I am in!
  • Myssrenee
    Options
    I think I do that at least 3 times a week, without even thinking about it, sometimes I just dont want me, or anything else for that matter, but I do not eat red meat, and if I do its on very rare occasions. ground trukey, chicken, or porkchops are the meats I eat. And since its so hot meat just makes me feel sluggish.
  • amberwaves74
    Options
    Well, I did my one day meat free. I felt pretty good that day. I just noticed that I went for more carbs, when I should have gone for more meat free proteins such as beans, quinoa, and dark leafy greens. But, I lost a lot of weight this week, so maybe that contributed to that. I will definitely do at least one meat free day a week from now on.
    How did it go for you?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Meat free....not possible for me. Im pretty much a carnivore, so no meat simply isnt possible! Besides, the protein is good! Not to mention the taste! :D
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    We already do "Meatless Monday's" in our house. Which then results in no meat for me until dinner on tuesday since I eat leftovers for lunches :) Trying to also buy Certified Humane meat when possible, but its a bit hard to find and pricey!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I already do it without really thinking about it. I guess I'm a flexitarian? Meat generally grosses me out. I was going to say I did it today, but I had a bite of chicken while feeding the kids their dinner. Tuesday is spaghetti day, thats a meat free day. And Wednesday is spaghetti leftover day, so another meat free day.