Exercise calories

Options
I have been using mfp properly since January with my daily calorie goal at 1000,

I then add my exercise calories allowing me to eat more,

However, I would reduce my exercise calories e.g. I would do a 60 min run (12 min miles) and only add 100 calories,

Therefore I have only been eating 1100-1200 calories a day with exercise.

This worked for a while as I have lost 37 lbs so far.

Now I tend to do ALOT more exercise and I seem to be hungry ALL THE TIME! So I am never under my calorie goal which makes less motivated as I feel I have failed each day..

Do you think I should change my daily goal to 1200, will I lose more weight by eating more calories?

Replies

• nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    your probably not getting enough calories etc to fuel your body. starvation mode is at 1200 calories. if your not getting at least 1200 net calories you probably in starvation mode. I would up your calories, good calories lean proteins etc
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You are on a diet for quite some time now. Try to recover from it do some maintenance.
    Or just up your calories by 200 cals if you are still hungry go up another 100 cals and see what happens with your weight in the next month. The worst thing that can happen is you can gain what 0.5 lbs.
    You dont want to be stressed over food and being hungry all the day. It will just mess You up.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have changed my goal to 1200 calories, I will see how I get on!
  • memosa
    memosa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I am starving all the time, but don't want a lot of carb's but feel I need some or my blood sugar drops, I get weak, shaky, and NEED to eat. So, try a protien shake in between and high protein snacks. 1/4 cup unsalted almonds confuse me but help. Dont' understand the fat being good for you, but hey, who am I too say! Stay strong everyone!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would try to eat 1200 with the exercise, that means 1200 after your exercise, that means 1200 net. Every time I upped my calories it helped me loose more, specially after I started exercising. Good luck! You can try it for 3 weeks, see what happens, give it a little time!