How do you get back into the routine?

Options
I got very ill for about two months and lost 30 pounds. (Feeling better now so no worries). I guess I shouldn't complain because I am the skinniest I have ever been. Now I am in the position that I could work out and really get my body in the tone shape I wanted since I am starting with something so much smaller. The problem is, a flight of stairs still makes me winded and everything is a lot heavier than it used to be. Any suggestions on how to kick off the workouts. How many days, what should I do, how long, etc?

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I got very ill for about two months and lost 30 pounds. (Feeling better now so no worries). I guess I shouldn't complain because I am the skinniest I have ever been. Now I am in the position that I could work out and really get my body in the tone shape I wanted since I am starting with something so much smaller. The problem is, a flight of stairs still makes me winded and everything is a lot heavier than it used to be. Any suggestions on how to kick off the workouts. How many days, what should I do, how long, etc?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Just start off with walking, and add a little each day/week, or whenever you feel up to it. Illness takes a lot out of you so start off slow and you'll get there.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    First you have to make the decision that you are going to recommit and tell yourself that you are stickin' to your guns!
    Then... ease into it. Start with easier, definitely accomplishable goals. Build upon those until you get back to where you were before being sick.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    And make sure you have great nutrition! You get out what you put in!