I have a doctors appointment today, what should I ask?

Options
So I have a follow up doctors appointment today. My last one was on July 7th. It was a shock when I saw how much I had gained, and it started me on my weight loss journey. I want to make sure I ask as many questions as I can.

What questions are good to ask?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Bbethel
    Bbethel Posts: 12
    Options
    Not sure of what to ask, but make sure you get a copy of your bloodwork. It was most invaluable to me because I analyzed every part of it to ensure I was getting the proper nutrients in my body.
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would ask about having blood work done to see what else is going on. I think that it is a good idea to check for thyroid issues, insulin resistance and vitamin defficiencies. You may want to ask if there is a particular diet that would be healthiest for you.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I would get blood work done so that your Doctor can evaluate your levels to make sure that you don't have thyroid issues, or high cholesterol .....You could always ask him how many calories should be your intake for the day.

Good luck!
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know without any idea of how much you have lost, whether or not you're happy with your results, etc. What I did at my last appointment was to take my food and exercise diaries, the results of my metabolic test (New Leaf), and my weight loss progress, which I am NOT happy with. We discussed my nutrition and whether or not to have a thyroid test. I decided to wait on that - I wanted to give my workout plan a chance to boost my metabolism. I'm having another New Leaf test 12 weeks after the first one. If my RMR has not improved, then I'll have my thyroid levels checked.

Since you had a rapid weight gain before your last appointment, ask your dr. if he thinks you should have some blood work done. It's hard to improve your fitness if you are anemic, have low thyroid or have nutritional deficiencies like B-12 or D.

Hope that helps!
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I did have several tests done to check thyroid, blood sugar levels, cholesterol. I didn't think of asking about calories or getting a copy to analyze. Great Ideas! Thanks!