SAHMU PINK TEAM- WEEK 5 (CLOSED)

Options
Here it is ladies!!! Get ready set go!! (Tomorrow of course)lol

SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2500 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I made another spreadsheet for this challenge please enter in your calorie burns there daily along with your goal.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches
Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
*You can do these in any order you would like.

Food Challenge: Healthy Kids Meal
Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Kids Meal recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Kids recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge:
What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

** A special thanks to LoveNevrNds and sisa2324 for your help with the challenge this week.

Remember you can always go to
https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US

The challenge is there along with the point system.
Good Luck Ladies and I hope you enjoy the challenge this week!

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Week 5, let's go!!! I've got 2 weeks (and 1 day!) to get to my mini goal for my birthday I have 3.4 lbs!!

As always I'll get the emotional and recipe challenge out of the way, here we go!

Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

It’s genetics.
    I have an injury.
    I have no time to exercise/need to eat a fast and easy meal.
    I can’t afford a gym/new runners/workout equipment.
    I just had a baby.
    I am too picky of an eater.

Oh I could go on forever, I’m horrible for making excuses. However, I have pushed past everyone of those excuses and found out they don’t apply to me. Genetics – well no, my sister is now very skinny, and I’m getting there too. Injury – well I do have one, but the more weight I lose, the less it bothers me. No time to exercise/cook healthy – you can always find time; I workout while Lucas eats, and prep my meals for the week. Can’t afford (whatever) – well I’m nearly down 50 lbs. now and I’ve done it all with no exercise equipment, no gym membership, and a pair of hand me down sneakers! Just had a baby – well he’s not really a baby anymore he’s 2! Too picky of an eater – I’m sloooowly expanding my horizons, forcing myself to try new foods, and adapting foods I love into healthier versions. So I just keep telling myself, whatever excuse you make, you are determined enough to prove yourself wrong. Quit doubting yourself, because that’s why you make these excuses, just do it and let the results speak for themselves!

Recipe Challenge

Recipe from weelicious.com

Pizza Balls (makes 16 balls)
    1 16 oz Pkg White or Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
    3/4 Cup Broccoli Florets, cooked & chopped*
    1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
    1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
    1 Cup Diced Tomato
    Olive Oil
    Parmesan Cheese, grated
    Additions: chicken, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni, pineapple, ham — the sky’s the limit
    1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
    2. Bring pizza dough to room temperature and divide into 16 even pieces.
    3. In a separate bowl combine the broccoli (or whatever addition you choose), mozzarella and pizza sauce.
    4. Roll out each piece of dough into a round, about 3 inches wide, and place 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture in the center.
    5. Take the edges of the dough and bring them to the center, pinching along the edges to make sure they stick together, then roll into a ball.
    6. Place the ball, sealed side down, in a greased pie plate and repeat these steps making the rest of the balls.
    7. Brush each ball with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
    8. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
    9. Serve.
    * You can substitute the broccoli for any additions you desire.

Per 2 pizza ball serving:
    Per Serving: Cals: 233 Carbs: 27 Fat: 10 Protein: 10 Sodium: 399 Sugar: 3
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    So, I set my goal at 2500 calories burned for the week. I know that is the lowest we are supposed to do, but that will be REALLY hard for me to reach!

I did a morning walk with Casyn in the stroller and some Wii EA Active2 this morning before the dentist and I did the crunches for the challenge for today. I *plan* on exercising more this evening/night. I'll post back my total calories burned for today later.

Hope everyone's having a good day :)
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    I'm going to set my goal at 3,000. I'm really gonna try for more though! I'm down 600 today so that's a start!!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'm just getting started on the Pink Team for this challenge. My starting weight is 160. I had been down to 145 at one point but have put 15 pounds back from all the emotional eating with the recent loss of my dad. I'm excited to get to know all of you!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome weigh ins ladies! WTG!

I would like to Welcome jennyfair24 (Jen) to the Pink Team! She is our newest member, so please give her a warm welcome and add her as a friend.

Jen- I am excited that you are on our team and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I am so sorry about your loss of your dad. If there is anything I can do or if you need to just talk/vent/rant, feel free to send me a msg. Welcome to the team and I hope you are here to stay!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Pink, you are all doing fantastic!
    I changed the min calorie goal to 2000 if anyone needs to adjust it.
    Have a great week,
    Karie
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Welcome to the Pink Team Jen! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. If you need anything, just let me know.

Just to let everyone know, I'm adjusting my calories burned for the week to 2000. I don't burn a lot with my workouts and I can't devote any extra time working out more right now, so this will have to do.

Since I'm supposed to share what I did yesterday, here goes:
    I took a 43 minute walk at 3.5mph (pushing Casyn in the stroller) and burned 169 calories
    I did the Wii EA Active 2 for 23 minutes and burned 150 calories
    I also completed the 50 crunches for the day

I'm off to start on today's exercises. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    Good Morning Pink Team! Okay so I am on a mission to get into the 140's and continue to lose from there. I am up 5 ounces from yesterday and today is going to be a "kick my own *kitten*" workout day lol.

I set my calorie goal at 4000 (a little crazy? Maybe, but I have to do something different and I think this will give me the push I need).
    Yesterday I took the kids to the zoo and did 3 hours of walking around and I did not dilly-dally... when I tell you I was almost at a jogging pace, I'm not kidding. Friends came with us and they thought it was a great workout and there was so much to look at that we don't even notice that 3 hours had gone by. Well worth it, and it burned 674 calories (i didn't include pushing a double stroller either, but set the pace at 3.0).

Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have I made? Oh man, if you can think of it, basically I have said it... "emotional wear and tear", "it's my parents fault, they should have fed me better!", "it's in my genes", "it's babyfat (yeah even at 15)<--lol", "i'm not fat, i'm big-boned", "idunno where the weight came from, I just woke up and it was there", "what are you talking about? I eat great! burger king is good for you!", "I just had a baby... so what if it was a year ago"... and the list could go on forever. It's pretty pathetic when I look back at it. I know I've been through some hard times, however, that does not give me the excuse to nutritionally abuse my body in a way that will just lead me on a downward spiral. I am better than that, and refuse to give in anymore. :)

Strength Challenge:
    Leg Raises- done (100 each side)
    Now onto my cardio... oh boy, wish me luck. :)

How is everyone else doing today?
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I just completed my 40 squats for the day. I also did Wii Just Dance 2 for 30 minutes (burned 139 calories) and Wii Tennis for 20 minutes (burned 83 calories). I'm hoping for a walk later today, but now I have to shower and get my husband and Caeleb's stuff packed for their trip this weekend. They are leaving at midnight for a 6 1/2 hour drive and will be camping at a swap meet until Sunday, come home, and then Caeleb starts 2nd grade Monday morning. Plus, tonight we have Meet The Teacher Night at Caeleb's school and find out where his classroom is and who his teacher will be, so I have to get all his supplies labeled and ready to go for tonight. Fun stuff today, huh? LOL
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    Please find below a list of all of the links that we need for the SAHMU challenge (if I left any out please let me know) I thought it would be easier to have them all in one location:

Weigh Ins and Points Link:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US

The recap on the challenges and point system for each week for everyone here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US

Main Thread SAHMU Week 5 Link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319384-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge-week-5

Calories Burned and Daily Burn Goal Link:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm reeeeally trying to meet my mini goal of 145 by the end of this week, mind you that would be over a 3 lb. loss so I'm not holding my breath but I sure am pushing for it. I've set my calorie goal at 3,000 but I'm really going to try for 4,000.

Yesterday got off to a great start. I did:
    Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam) 24 min. burning 270 cals
    Wii - Biggest Loser (Box Fit) 29 min. burning 236 cals
    Aerobics, high impact 10 min. burning 78 cals.
    Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding) 15 min. burning 101 cals.
    Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace 15 minutes burning 50 cals.

For a grand total of 735 cals burned.

Plus I did my leg lifts (100).

I'm aiming for 800 cals burned today.
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey guys! Set my goal at 4000, but I'm going for more. I just didnt want to set a crazy number and be disappointed in myself if I couldn't make it lol. Hopefully our team will win the calories burned challenge!!
    I did day 1 and day 2 challenges. Wow, those leg raises really got me, I havent done those in ages and I felt wobbly-legged after, I might've found something to add to the daily routine! I can't believe you did 100 Tayla! You rock!
    I've been doing good on my cardio to get those high calorie burns this week, 30DS in the morning, walk to work/gym and back, elliptical, and steps in the evenings. I know I won't be able to devote this much time forever, but when I do get a chance now I make sure to squeeze it in! Tonight's Zumba again so I'll have a good number today =)
    Emotional challenge.. This is an easy one. I've claimed that I "can't" lose weight because food tastes too good and I CAN'T give it up! LAME. You know what, food is delicious and I pretty much think of all my yummy favourites allll day long, but guess what, I CAN lose weight because I don't need to eat everything I get a craving for. If I must have it, I break a sweat and earn it! Why didn't I figure this out sooner?! haha
    My weekly MFP weigh in where I update my ticker is tomorrow yeee wish me luck!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    UMM... Has anyone checked out the calorie's burned spreadsheet? Pink team is kicking *kitten* so far... just thought I'd share that! Nice work everyone! There is some SERIOUS BURN going on here! How's everyone doing on the motivation end? Anyone need anything?
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    UMM... Has anyone checked out the calorie's burned spreadsheet? Pink team is kicking *kitten* so far... just thought I'd share that! Nice work everyone! There is some SERIOUS BURN going on here! How's everyone doing on the motivation end? Anyone need anything?

Omg I saw that we are awesome!! I upped my goal to 4000, I want to make sure I push myself extra hard.

Oh and to recap today I did the following:
    Wii - Biggest Loser Challenge 39 minutes burning 252 cals
    Wii - Biggest Loser (Box Fit) 27 minutes burning 170 cals
    Walking, 3.5 mph, uphill 60 minutes burning 404 cals

Plus my squats are completed :)
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    Here is my Recipe for the week: (normally my kids and I HATE meatloaf, but for some reason if you put it in cupcake liners and top it with mashed potato frosting and voila... just like that, we will all eat the meatloaf . :) (again from skinnytaste.com)

Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 cupcakes • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 240.7 • Fat: 8.5 g • Protein: 18.1 g • Carb: 24.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 4.2 g Sodium: 560.1 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

For the Meatloaf Cupcakes:

1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
    1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
    2 tbsp onion, minced
    1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 egg
    1 tsp kosher salt

For the Skinny Mashed Potato "Frosting":

1 lb (about 2 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
    2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
    2 tbsp fat free sour cream
    2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp skim milk
    1/2 tbsp light butter
    kosher salt to taste
    dash of fresh ground pepper
    2 tbsp fresh thyme

Directions:

Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with foil liners.
    In a large bowl, mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, and salt. Place meatloaf mixture into muffin tins filling them to the top, making sure they are flat at the top.
    Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from tins and place onto a baking dish.
    Pipe the "frosting" onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.
    Makes 12.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kx39ndOGLww/TklZN2ZFUvI/AAAAAAAADY8/9E4F5wvnEGY/s1600/Skinny-Meatloaf-Cupcakes-with-Mashed-Potato-Frosting.jpg
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Here is my Recipe for the week: (normally my kids and I HATE meatloaf, but for some reason if you put it in cupcake liners and top it with mashed potato frosting and voila... just like that, we will all eat the meatloaf . :) (again from skinnytaste.com)

Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 cupcakes • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 240.7 • Fat: 8.5 g • Protein: 18.1 g • Carb: 24.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 4.2 g Sodium: 560.1 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

For the Meatloaf Cupcakes:

1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
    1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
    2 tbsp onion, minced
    1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 egg
    1 tsp kosher salt

For the Skinny Mashed Potato "Frosting":

1 lb (about 2 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
    2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
    2 tbsp fat free sour cream
    2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp skim milk
    1/2 tbsp light butter
    kosher salt to taste
    dash of fresh ground pepper
    2 tbsp fresh thyme

Directions:

Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with foil liners.
    In a large bowl, mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, and salt. Place meatloaf mixture into muffin tins filling them to the top, making sure they are flat at the top.
    Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from tins and place onto a baking dish.
    Pipe the "frosting" onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.
    Makes 12.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kx39ndOGLww/TklZN2ZFUvI/AAAAAAAADY8/9E4F5wvnEGY/s1600/Skinny-Meatloaf-Cupcakes-with-Mashed-Potato-Frosting.jpg

I JUST made those for my son and hubby the other night, they were gobbled up in an instant!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Can one of you please explain what "Up & Downs" are as well as "Leg Raises" I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
    Thanks!
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Up and Downs are also known as "Burpees"
    "1.Begin in a standing position.
    2.Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
    3.Kick your feet back while lowering yourself with a pushup.
    4.Return your feet to the squat position while straightening your arms.
    5.Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump)[1] "

I took leg raises to be when you lay on your side and lift your leg up and down... but maybe I'm wrong?
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Up and Downs are also known as "Burpees"
    "1.Begin in a standing position.
    2.Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
    3.Kick your feet back while lowering yourself with a pushup.
    4.Return your feet to the squat position while straightening your arms.
    5.Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump)[1] "

I took leg raises to be when you lay on your side and lift your leg up and down... but maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks Michelle.
    So the Up & Downs are going to be the death of me, then, huh?
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Here's my info. for today. I had really hoped to exercise tonight more, but I'm just too exhausted and need to rest. I need to get more sleep, but I always have problems sleeping whenever my DH is gone.

Wii EA Active 2 for 29 minutes (burned 210 calories). I also completed the 25 lunges today.