When do you get on the scale?

Options
I'm just wondering when everyone choses to get on the scale and how often. I tend to check my weight CONTINUOUSLY during the day and hate seeing the number fluctuate so much. Would it be better just to check it in the morning? With or without clothes? OR is it best just to weigh myself one a week and look at how my clothes fit instead? :noway:

Replies

• mom031344
    Options
    I GET ON EVERYONTHER MORNING..
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    In the morning right after waking up and going to the bathroom without clothes. I do check daily, but only *track* my weight on Fridays.
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom with no clothes on is my time. Your weight can and will fluctuate A LOT during the day.
  • lulupallooza
    lulupallooza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale daily - but log my weight only once a week. (Thursday mornings).
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I know some trainers weight themselves every day. I like to weigh myself every Monday morning before my workout. Helps keep me accountable during the weekend. :)
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after I've been up for a few minutes. I never weigh myself with clothes on...I want it to be accurate!!!
  • emartindale
    Options
    I GET ON THE SCALE EVERY MON AND FRI AT 4:30 IN THE AFTERNOON AFTER WORK AND BEFORE I GET ON THE TREADMILL FULLY CLOTHED BUT ONLY SOCKS ON!!:smile:
  • fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    For me, once a week without clothes. Record about once every two weeks. Measuring chest and waist once a month -- which is the better metric for me.
  • hillendahl
    hillendahl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my official weigh in at Jenny Craig is sunday mornings...before I eat.

But I also tend to check it at the gym before I start a workout...which is around 6pm. The gym scale and the jenny craig scale do not say the same thing.

But, I know that if I weigh in at the gym at 6pm monday...and weigh in at 6pm on Friday...and there's a weight loss....that usually come Sunday morning at Jenny Craig...I've lost weight.
  • jrk412
    jrk412 Posts: 13
    Options
    I always hear that once a week is best, but honestly? I weigh every morning because I need the feedback to stay motivated.

I don't think weighing later in the day would help, because it's just telling you how much food/water you've had, instead of how you actual body has changed.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings at the gym (right after my morning body pump class.)
  • jamie117100
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Checking everyday would drive me nuts. :wink:
  • djh1980
    djh1980 Posts: 18
    Options
    I say in the morning. naked if you can thats the most accurate. and around the same time everyday. but if everyday check ins discourage you only do it once a week.. : ) good luck..
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    I weigh myself every tuesday morning before having breakfast, etc. Same time each tuesday.

I do sneak a peek half way through the week but I try not to because in the past that really discouraged me greatly!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale everyday, because it keeps me motivated (no matter which way it goes up or down). I do it when I get up, without clothes, after going to the bathroom. I find that this is my lightest point in the day. I do track my weight every day, even though it often means .2 pounds difference, and I am sure people are sick of looking at it. But, I need to see it to keep going.

I would say; don't weigh yourself multiple times in the day or you will get discouraged. I fluctuate at least 5 lbs throughout the day. I don't want to see that. :)
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings, no clothes, after going to the bathroom. I want to avoid anything that can put on weight.
  • swelch5708
    Options
    I like to get on once a week in the early morning before I eat or drink anything. This keeps my mind focused on journaling and off what the scale says until my next weigh in.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What I go by is 1st thing in the morning w/o clothes.
    But I also weigh other times of the day I just don't worry about those weigh ins as much because its always higher due to water weight.
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well I myself am addicted to the scale!!! I know what you mean...I also hate seeing the numbers fluctuate a pound or two every other day and I feel discouraged about my progress...so I have decided to do a weekly weigh in once I get up in the morning in my birthday suit. Eventhough, at the moment I haven't seen much progress in my weight loss... I have seen that I am fitting into all my smaller clothing which is better than seeing the numbers go down!!!! I think you should pay attention at how you feel and how your clothes are fitting...ultimately how you feel in your own skin is the only thing that matters!!!
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I dont weight myself now, unless its been a few month and im wondering how much I have lost.. :) xx