Progress of those sufferring from hypothyroidism

Options
Hello!

If you have hasimotos or some other underactive/inactive thyroid disorder, and you have successfully lose weight, I have some progress questions?

1) How tall are you?
2) What was your starting weight?
3) What is your goal weight?
4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals?
5) How active are you, and what type of activity?
6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time?
7) How old are you?
8)Gender?
9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be?
10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself!

Here are my answers:

1)5'4
2)I started at 176
3) I'm looking to get down to 130 for my wedding
4) It's taken me about 3 months to lose 15 pounds
5) I exercise 4X/week, and I do acombo- mostly elliptical on interval training setting, but I also do strength training with some free weights and the machines at my gym.
6) Yes, my scale is currently frozen at 162.
7) 24
8)Female
9) Don't pay attention to the weight loss successes of people who don't have your specific issues. Everyone's body is different, and having underactive/inactive thyroid changes the game for you (somewhat). Patience & stamina, more than anything else, are mandatory for people with thyroid conditions who are trying to lose weight!
10) I find that when I work out, I NEED distractions- this is why I am currently reading Breaking Dawn at the gym!

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? : 5'9.5"

2) What was your starting weight? : 335

3) What is your goal weight? : 175

4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? I was averaging about ten a month, I guess.

5) How active are you, and what type of activity? : Fairly. I have an almost two year old so always on the go. I walk and was doing kickboxing before getting pregnant again.

6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? : No.

7) How old are you? : 23

8)Gender? : Obviously, female.

9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? : None.

10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! : You've asked everything except my SSN which is...
  • NRBLANCHARD27
    NRBLANCHARD27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1) 5,7
    2) 263
    3) 140
    4) I have lost 19 pounds in about 3 mo
    5) I work out 5 days a week, started with walking now doing eliptical and weights and starting C25K
    6) Not until recently I have not lost anything in 2 weeks :(
    7) 30
    8)Female
    9) Don't try to lose weight for the sake of being "thin" do it to become healthy it is more motivating. I didn not succeed until I made health my number one goal, I still want to be thin but more healthy now
    10)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    1. 5"6'
    2. Sw on mfp 207
    3. Goal weight 135
    4. Took me about 2 months to lose 20+ pounds
    5. I'm not very active lifestyle wise I sit in class all day then do homework. But I have been working out 5 days a week doing machines at the Rec.
    6. My scale has not frozen yet.
    7. 20
    8. Female
    9. Don't give up
  • momburntdinner
    momburntdinner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stop posting this. One category. Spammy posts are annoying.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? 5'5"
    2) What was your starting weight? 220
    3) What is your goal weight? 150 but maybe less the closer I get. I am currently 171
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? I have been doing this since January of this year. I quit in March and restarted in April( I just needed a break) I have been running and training for a half marathon since June, and I have been working out, very intense since the beginning of July. I didn't lose much during the month of June only 3 pounds, but in April I dropped about 15 of the 50 lost.
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? I have a desk job, so I run 5 morning ( 3miles Monday, 4miles Tuesday, 3 miles Wednesday, 3 miles Friday, and 8-10 miles Saturday). I also do at least 30 minutes cardio every evening plus a 60 minute strength training, I am aggressive.
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time?Yes they did freeze in June. They are not moving much this week either, but I had to slow down, because I passed out Monday. I think I am not eating enough for the amount of work I am doing or I need to at least take a multi vitamin.
    7) How old are you? 36
    8)Gender? Female
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? Do it even when you feel you really don't want to. Because once you get started those feelings will leave.
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! I also have other medical issues besides Hypothyroid that makes losing weight difficult. I have PCOS, and high prolactin levels. Besure to get tested regularly to be sure you are on the correct dosage, it will make your journey a lot easier. But it is never really easy!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Stop posting this. One category. Spammy posts are annoying.

Don't read it. Obviously.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!