Anyone tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred?

Options
I just bought this and The Biggest Winner - How to Win by Losing: The Complete Body Workout which has 5 discs of kickboxing, etc.

I was just wondering if anyone has used them and how it's worked for you. Also, I wonder how many calories it burns an hour approx

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I just bought this and The Biggest Winner - How to Win by Losing: The Complete Body Workout which has 5 discs of kickboxing, etc.

I was just wondering if anyone has used them and how it's worked for you. Also, I wonder how many calories it burns an hour approx
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred!!!! I'm not sure how many calories it burns, but I do know that I'm sweating, my heart-rate is up and I feel like a wet noodle by the end of the workout!! :laugh: My muscles are always sore the next day, too. LOVE it!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    LOVE this workout! I do it now with the sound turned down because Jillian annoys me a little, but the workout is amazing and I'm sure you'll love it!

I don't know how many calories you burn. I usually entered it into my exercise log as being 10 minutes of cardio and then 10 of strength training. It gives you an idea of about how much you're burning while working out, but really, the best way to know is with a HRM. I'm currently in the process of trying to find one that I like. Good luck and happy shredding! :flowerforyou:
  • sdsunsurfer
    sdsunsurfer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 30 Day Shred and absolutely love it!! I work for a fitness facility but the idea of working out where I work for 8+ hours per day is nauseating. So I gave this DVD a try. I lost 5 pounds in a week!! I fell off the workout wagon and now I'm doing what I dread, working out at work, but agin 5lbs lost in a week is motivation enough.

Have fun with the videos!! :happy:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred!!!! I'm not sure how many calories it burns, but I do know that I'm sweating, my heart-rate is up and I feel like a wet noodle by the end of the workout!! :laugh: My muscles are always sore the next day, too. LOVE it!!

I just ordered this one.Sweating, heart rate up, muscle ache the next day...its gonna be good.:laugh:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

I just ordered this one.Sweating, heart rate up, muscle ache the next day...its gonna be good.:laugh:

Oh yes! :devil: Feeeeeel the burn!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You know I've heard a few people say this program is a 'joke' and won't actually help tone.
    Anyone have success stories with this program in regards to toning?
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've done about 15 days of the 30 Day Shred. Got sick and haven't done it in a week. Will be starting again tonight, back at square 1, but that's okay because I love it as well. I got some advice from others on here and they use circuit training (in the cardio journals already) for however many minutes you are working out. My workouts had been right at 27 mins. with warm up and cool down. I use that b/c I don't have a HRM.

Kati
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 28 of the 30 day shred. When I started on November 3rd I weighed 146.8 and I am currently at 143.8. I have two days left then I am going to measure and weigh to see how much the 30 day shred actually did. As for the workout I love it, gets my heartrate up and I am sweating like crazy. I am on level 3 and it is my favorite out of all the levels. Definitely the hardest but the best in my opinion. I have a HRM and I burn between 180-195 calories just depending on how hard I am working. Hope this helps.