EA Sports Active 2 - Wii Workout Groups

Options
I would love to join an EA Sports Active 2 Workout Group that a MFP member created. Or I can create one for other people to join if there's enough interest. This way I would know I'm joining one with mutual interests; where everyone would offer support and be dedicated to the program.

I'm a couple of weeks into the 9 week program - medium difficulty. I'm really enjoying it and I think it's definitely helping my fitness goals!

So let me know if there's a Workout Group out there that would like another member or if I should create one!

Replies

• Maggiedc
    Maggiedc Posts: 49
    Options
    I just bought the Active 2 and I was wondering how you log it as exercise cals...A lot of the other Wii fit exercises are listed but not the Active 2...any help would be appreciated.
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Would like to join the group if you start one. Love EA Sports Active 2.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Active 2 has a "HRM" and usually has an estimated calorie expenditure based on that. :) I would use that number and input it manually if you don't have a real HRM to track it with.

Edited to fix "HMR" to "HRM". What was I thinking!!
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have the original one and am thinking of purchasing the second one. Is it worth it? What other type of exercises does it have? Does the HRM actually work? I feel that the original one gives me too low of a calorie burn.
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    I created a new exercise within MFP and then use the calories that my New Balance HRM gives me. I do find that the Active 2 HRM underestimates my calories burnt vs my HRM (but part of that could be that I'm still burning calories while the next exercise is loading, and it doesn't take that into consideration). I agree that if you don't have a HRM, then just use what the game HRM gives you.

To create a new exercise on the MFP website: Exercise Tab > My Exercises subtab > Create Exercise.
    To create a new exercise on the MFP app: Add button > Cardiovascular button > Create a New Exercise button (at the very bottom).

And I don't own the first one, but Active 2 has warm ups and cools downs with each workout, it has the HRM strap for the left arm, and a sensor strapped onto your right leg. Some exercises use the WiiMote in your right hand and some don't. The 2 strapped on sensors are all you need for a lot of things. These are what sets it apart from what I've been told. And it comes with a resistance band. Not sure if the first one does, too. It has some neat running courses and there's a Mountain biking course and a Mountain boarding course that are both fun. It was on sale on Walmart's website when I got it. Definitely worth it!
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    BUMP - So other people will see this! :bigsmile:
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you know I'd love to join a group if you start one or find one! I'm just doing the 3 week program right now, but I almost always add in an extra workout simply because I love it so much. and I have the PS3 version, and it comes with 3 sensors. the HRM sensor on the left arm, a sensor for the right arm, and the leg sensor. and I also find that the calories calculated with the game are low compared to my New Balance HRM. about half of what my HeRMes says I've burned. seriously fun game/workout though. definitely a favorite for me.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would like to join a EA SPorts Active 2 group. I started the 9 week program yesterday.
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am currently unwrapping the product as I type. Starting in 2 seconds. What are people logging it as?
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would like to join an online workout group.
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just logged my first EA Sports Active workout today--I have had it for a long time, but rarely use it. I'm really loving it this week! I felt a little bummed after my workout today. It was short (only 20 min) but very intense and yet it said I only burned 99 cal. Hopefully you all are right about the HRM.
    I'd love to join a group if you start one!