Accidental Running NSV

Options
I've been doing Couch to 5K and last night I was scheduled to start week 3. I've been using Suz's playlists from kissmyblackass.org, which are absolutely incredible, and was excited to hear what awesome tunes were going to come from her next. Then I heard her voice say I was supposed to run for 5 minutes. I knew that the running intervals were going to increase, and thought maybe there was just a huge jump between weeks 2 and 3 for some reason, so went with it. I enjoyed the wonderful sounds of some 90s cheesy pop, and somehow made it through the whole thing. By the last 5 minute run my heart was racing, I was sweating buckets, and was absolutely beat. But I was proud of myself for pushing through. Then I heard her say "congratulations on finishing the first workout of week 5..." and looked down. I had hit the wrong button and accidentally skipped ahead 2 weeks.

But I did it!! And I did the whole thing without stopping! There was a part of me that flirted with the idea of just skipping ahead totally, but the rational part of me kicked in shortly after and doesn't want to overtrain. But it's good to know that I CAN do it! Apparently I'm getting stronger than I thought. Wooo!!!!

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I also have been doing C25k, and use Suz's playlists as well.

I enjoy all of her podcasts. She did a good job with some good songs.
    I go back and forth between week 5 and week 6.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    oops! that's great tho!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    That is awesome, :bigsmile: what a great feeling! :happy:
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That must've been a huge motivator!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great! That's got to be a real confidence booster... to know that you are capable of doing week five, but still have a few weeks to get there! :happy:
  • hellolouisey
    Options
    Awesome work! I've just been to check out the podcasts you mentioned too... downloading as I type! :)
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Going to check out the podcast tonight. Congrats!
  • icanmakepeople
    icanmakepeople Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip - checking out the podcasts...now.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great "mistake!"
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    What a great feeling, I'll bet. :)
  • icanmakepeople
    icanmakepeople Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been running to Suz's podcasts for three weeks now - it's so amazing. The MJ podcast was my fave. I'm scheduled to run my first 20 mins straight tomorrow! I'm so nervous. Hope I can do it... :) thanks again for the podcast tip - I love it! It's so motivating! and it's easier to run when you aren't counting down the seconds until you can stop like I was before...!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Oops for you (for a minute) yipppeeee for us, I never knew about these podcasts
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!