Why????

Options
2»

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped him! I'm constantly amazed and disguted by people cruelty. Any chance you can get this dog to safety? A local animal shelter perhaps?

I was so on it! I already called. They said they were gonna take care of it. I was running late to my work so I called and said I might be little late. There is an issue. I explained and my boss tell me you are so naive.. Be here on your time. It's not your responsibility to take care of homeless dogs. What a *****! Cause I wanted to be there till I knew that dog was safe

Shoulda woulda coulda. NO animal should be treated like that and it infuriates me that you walked by and didn't see it through until the dog was safe. It is EVERY persons responsibility to help out an animal because they cannot help themselves.

Interesting thought since most people don't act that way about other human beings....just something to ponder.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped him! I'm constantly amazed and disguted by people cruelty. Any chance you can get this dog to safety? A local animal shelter perhaps?

I was so on it! I already called. They said they were gonna take care of it. I was running late to my work so I called and said I might be little late. There is an issue. I explained and my boss tell me you are so naive.. Be here on your time. It's not your responsibility to take care of homeless dogs. What a *****! Cause I wanted to be there till I knew that dog was safe

Shoulda woulda coulda. NO animal should be treated like that and it infuriates me that you walked by and didn't see it through until the dog was safe. It is EVERY persons responsibility to help out an animal because they cannot help themselves.

I completely understand and love animals and would do anything I can for them. But it does sound like she has an unsympathetic boss. So how much help would she be in the end if she loses her job then can't feed herself or pay her rent and ends up on the street.

At least she spoke up and called when she could, It is a heck of a lot more than most people would do. Maybe we should stop being so damn harsh on the OP. She obviously has a good heart and wishes she could have done more. :frown:
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    People are just asshats! Honestly WTF?? I am with you I totally don't get it!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I can't stand hearing/thinking about an animal being abused... It makes me sick! ... :frown: I'd love to see that *kitten* get his *kitten* kicked by something/someone that can actually fight back!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

I completely understand and love animals and would do anything I can for them. But it does sound like she has an unsympathetic boss. So how much help would she be in the end if she loses her job then can't feed herself or pay her rent and ends up on the street.

At least she spoke up and called when she could, It is a heck of a lot more than most people would do. Maybe we should stop being so damn harsh on the OP. She obviously has a good heart and wishes she could have done more. :frown:

I agree. I think she should be commended for for doing something instead of being criticized for not doing enough.
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Here is the update. I post it on my Facebook and one of my friend is adopting the dog. And he just got arrested. I feel great knowing that he is gonna learn from this hopefully and the dog will be safe. I have 2 dogs already, I wish I could have taken him home
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Here is the update. I post it on my Facebook and one of my friend is adopting the dog. And he just got arrested. I feel great knowing that he is gonna learn from this hopefully and the dog will be safe. I have 2 dogs already, I wish I could have taken him home

Thank you for all you have done. I have 3 dogs and a cat. All of them are rescued animals. :heart:
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    Can I just say Thank you? Thanks for doing SOMEthing. My teen daughter saw a young man literally hitting his dog and she was very scared, but said something to him. She's tiny (about 100lbs) and STILL stood up to this much bigger boy. He stopped doing it when called on it.
    Thanks for not just standing by. I bet you made that guy think...even if he told you off.
  • turkishmelly
    Options
    Can I just say Thank you? Thanks for doing SOMEthing. My teen daughter saw a young man literally hitting his dog and she was very scared, but said something to him. She's tiny (about 100lbs) and STILL stood up to this much bigger boy. He stopped doing it when called on it.
    Thanks for not just standing by. I bet you made that guy think...even if he told you off.

Your daughter is so brave!!! You did a great job raising her!! I really mean it.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I would have called in sick, intervened enough to make the guy sick, and saved the cat... Called the police, and filed whatever law suit that would get me out of jail free card, and then defame the *kitten* character on the 5:00 news.
  • killagb
    Options
    I would have called in sick, intervened enough to make the guy sick, and saved the cat... Called the police, and filed whatever law suit that would get me out of jail free card, and then defame the *kitten* character on the 5:00 news.

Psst, it was a dog. Just sayin.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    That's probably what the guy throwing the rocks thought... Just sayin...
  • killagb
    Options
    That's probably what the guy throwing the rocks thought... Just sayin...

I see what you did there! :huh:
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Trolls
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Trolls
  • turkishmelly
    Options
    Have you met my boss?? She is a psycho!!!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options

YAY!! So glad you stood up to that jerk!! I never cease to be shocked and disapointed by how cruel some people can be. Thank you for standing up for that poor pup. I'm very glad to hear he will have a good home :) I got my pup at the SPCA a little over 5 years ago. Sometimes I wonder what she went through before I adopted her.. Dogs are so sweet :heart: I love her a ton and can't even imagine being without her.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Have you met my boss?? She is a psycho!!!

Don't worry, I commend you for doing what you could and following through WHEN You could. A lot of people do not understand that in this economy what we would like to do and what we have to do to keep a job do not always coincide. Your boss definitely sounds like she would not have understood the tardiness or absence.

And as far as the calling in, I know in my job if you call in when you are supposed to be arriving for your shift, you get in waaay more trouble. The call in has to be done 1 hour before your scheduled shift, which it doesn't sound like the OP had that kind of time.

Thank you for what you did. :flowerforyou:
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Ha! Talk about grumpy bosses: I remember when I stopped to help a man who had fallen in the woods on my way to work. I had taken a dirt road short cut, not traveled much during the daytime. (He had recently had a stoke and lost the strength in his arm and leg on one side.) The crazy fool had seen a can about 20 yards in the woods and went to go get a 5 cent returnable can. He said he had been lying on the ground for about 20 minutes. When I got to work about 10 minutes late my boss chewed me out and wrote me up! But I would gladly do the same in a heart beat. I live my life by my choices, cuz in the end, I have to be responsible and accountable for MY actions. I am so glad she followed through and the results were just. I know she slept well because of her decision that day. In the end, that's all that matters. :drinker: Cheers to you!
  • turkishmelly
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! It means a lot! I am no super woman but I am so happy that I got to save a dog's life. He has a new home. We got him lots of treats and toys. Watching him having fun with my dogs and other dogs at the dog park, reminded me how short our life is. We should make the best of it. :) thanks again