• Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    " One should eat to live, not live to eat."

I haven't lost 50lbs yet but I thought this was a good quote
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    -- What benefits have you experienced as a result of losing so much weight?
    At present I have shed nearly 55 excess pounds, from 235 to 180 (almost). On the BMI Scale, I've just gone from "obese" to "overweight"! My goal is to be in the "Healthy" range, which for my height (5'6"), the top end is 155. So I am still 30 pounds from my minimum goal.

That said, I already experience a whole host of benefits! It is easy for me to get down and up off the floor playing with my kid. I don't get winded on a flight of stairs. I'm not *exhausted* after the monthly pilgrimage to Crackco (I mean, Costco!) I can fit into airplane and rollercoaster seats. Clothes shopping is starting to get fun! Before, I would just buy whatever fit and didn't pinch, bind, or poke. Now I can actually start to think about expressing some kind of style. At work I am on my feet a lot, and my feet are not so swollen and aching at the end of the day. And, I would be remiss not to mention that bedroom relations are better too! LOL

In short, getting my body towards a healthy weight just makes everything easier!

-- What has been the most difficult for you?
    Amazingly, this time has been "EASY"! I think because, for one, I was really ready to change; but also learning about the calculation for Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) was the key piece for me. It was revolutionary for me to learn the OBJECTIVE, EMPIRICAL, SCIENTIFIC (i.e. tested and proven) way to set a daily calorie budget. I was instantly free from the emotional and moralistic shackles. You get a budget. Don't spend it all in one place. If you go over, you won't reach your goal. Period. Easy.

-- Quotes?
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." (Michael Pollan)

"If God/Nature made it, you can eat it. I don't know about you, but I don't have a Cheetos tree in my yard!" (paraphrased from Jillian Michaels)

"Splenda is poison." (Me)

"If you do what you did, you're going to get what you got!"
    (A folksy version of "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." This quote has been attributed to various people, including Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, & an old Chinese proverb, but its first known appearance in print is "Sudden Death" by Rita Mae Brown (Bantam Books, New York, 1983), p. 68. [source: wikipedia])
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've lost exactly 50 lbs, with 85 more to go. I have more energy, my asthma is much improved and my blood pressure is back to normal. Although I'm still obese, I'm no longer self conscious about my appearance. I'm much more physically active and swim and walk regularly.

My son has also benefited from the changes in my life. As a family we eat better - more veggies and less processed food instead of living on pizza and McD's. He's lost 8 lbs and has gone from a slightly chubby kid to a perfectly normal weight for his height.

The only downside for me is I hate having to spend so much time planning what I'm going to eat every day. I can't afford to be spontaneous about food. I plan every meal the day before or first thing in the morning. That being said, it's a very small price to pay for improved health :)
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    "Obesity is an equal opportunity disease; it is no longer an issue that only **certain** people have to worry about."

These days it can happen to anyone, and seven years ago I decided I had lived with it long enough.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Having lost the weight made me meds free and symptoms free
    Loosing the weight, had made clothes shopping fun ( love colorful bras!lol)
    Losing weight equal being healthy and happy!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    Before I lost the 60 lbs, I felt as though life was stressful, always a worry, on even the simple things. And now, It's more of a worry when I can't find something to do!

The hardest thing that I had to go through was keeping up with it. Espesially when you become familiar with something...
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost 50 pounds, but I am thinner than I have been since before menopause.

This is my favorite quote, it pretty much sums up my life:
    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go". TS Eliot

Another one that a lot of ultra runners say is:
    Relentless forward motion

Best benefits from my weight loss:
    I am a faster runner.
    I look great in almost everything I try on.
    I feel lighter.
    I feel sexy.
    People notice me.
    I get compliments.
    I feel more confident.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!