Thankyou everyone - 45lb gone because of you all! (pics)

Options
Hello!
I joined MFP May (ish) 2010. I recently had moved to the USA from the UK and PILED on the pounds. I have always been a 'buxom' lady, but I hit an all time high! A combination of 'being on vacation' family visits, portion sizes (WOW!) and cold weather = no running.

Everyone has always told me that I never needed to loose any weight, I never looked fat and I was well proportioned. Growing up in an Italian family never taught me portion control, but it did teach me to love yourself - which I did.

My husband loves me, no matter how I look. I love myself too, but much more these days ;)

When the warmer weather hit, a friend and I decided to hit the trails running again. At this stage I think I was about 200lbs, maybe more. WOW. It was so HARD! I know that the humidity didn't help, but this was something more.

I had always wanted to run a marathon, and faster, so in light of the extra weight and how much harder it would be to run in this climate, I decided to do something about it. I joined MFP. I changed the way I perceived food.

Soon, a couple pounds became 5, became 10, became 15..... I found the ipod app, and, in all honesty, became addicted to logging my food! Not in an obsessed way, but in a "that has HOW MANY calories??!!"

I learnt portion control, how to eat healthier in restaurants (a big thing and a hard thing in the US), that I can't just exercise and eat what I want, when to say no, and P90x!!!

I ran, completed portions of P90x, Jillian's 30 day shred, and started the 20 pushup/sit up/squat challenges. I also see a personal running trainer to help me with speed workout on a track.

I still have around 10lbs to go to get to my 'BMI' ideal weight. I am still overweight by his, but I am not too concerned. I know I have put on lots of muscle in this journey, which may mess the numbers up! I feel happier, fitter and I have gone from a UK18/US 16 to a UK10/US8 and can now run a 10min mile pace rather than a 12min mile pace!!

I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to the MFP community. Without people being so supportive, and posting their own before and after pictures, I would have never had the inspiration to follow.

So here are mine!

Sept 2009 - my first half marathon in the UK
P9060179_2.jpg

April 2010 - my largest, probably over 200lb
DSC_0973.jpg

April 2010 - with my mum
P4040321.jpg

New Year 2010 - I was around 180ish
P1010021.jpg

March 2011 - around 165-170
IMG_0182.jpg

And these are NOW!! 155lb.

In my running top I wore in 2009!!
IMG_1121.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg

As a bridesmaid
P7280082_2.jpg

Just out for the night!
IMG_1015.jpg

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! I hope my pictures can inspire someone like I was inspired!!!

Replies

• holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great Job , U look great!!!! ;)
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!!!
  • l_heras
    l_heras Posts: 65
    Options
    Great job! So inspirational!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    You are BEAUTIFUL! :) Keep up the amazing work!
  • katmo225
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look terrific! :)
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Keep doing what you're doing ;)
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    you look great girl!! :)
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    your dress in the 4th pic? I WANT!!!!! you look fantastic too!
  • julienp24
    julienp24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Job! keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing the pics.
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look Amazing!!!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so happy and you should be!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Awesome job! I love seeing success stories sending all my best wishes to you!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    well done! True inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! WTG girlie!!!
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    Now that is impressive!!!

Congratulations to your new and improved ;-) self -- you look wonderful ...
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a wonderful transformation. You look amazing! This was truly inspiring. Thank for sharing your journey. I can't wait to do the same when I reach my goal.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    u look awesome thanks 4 sharing
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic :smile:
  • bfebbo
    bfebbo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. The pics are nice to see. It does give hope that it can be done. Thank you.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you feel as good as you look, darling, but you look maaaahvelous!!
    (in my failed attempt to copy Billy Crystal's Fernando Lamas impersonation)

CONGRATS!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!