The shakes...

Options
Started my diet hard core last week.... I seem to have the shakes around lunch time everyday!! But, I am getting all my calories, sugars, carbs, etc..... Help!

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If that ever happens to me, I eat a snack right away and it seems to go away, which leads me to believe that I needed the food at that time!!
  • Sweetie1180
    Options
    Maybe you could try eating lunch just a bit earlier or have a little snack between breakfast and lunch.
  • janetj518
    Options
    Maybe plan for a small, low-cal snack between breakfast and lunch.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Your body gets the shakes when your blood sugar level drops too low, for me it happens right around 4.0, which is low normal blood glucose. If you can, add in a mid morning snack of a fruit and carbohydrate to help maintain your blood sugar and insulin levels until lunch time
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    I HAVE to have a snack between breakfast and lunch. Or my blood sugar crashes and I get the shakes and I start eating everything in sight to make them stop. If they've already started, something like a peanut butter sandwich usually makes them stop.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    eating a lite snack is good, also possibly making your breakfast with a little more protein.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I also get the shakes, but only when I have caffeine without enough food. I agree with the people suggesting a mid morning snack.

Congratulations on the new start!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had that problem for the first week or so. I'd just grab a carrot or about 1/3 of a cucumber and snack on that. It would make me feel better til lunch. After about day 8 or 9 my body got used to the new eating habits and it stopped happening.
  • jamie117100
    Options
    I would suggest not starting your diet hard core. I used to do that and I would get the shakes too. You need to take it gradually while monitoring your intake. Eat more protein and iron. If you are not taking a multivitamin, you should start a regimen. The more you exercise and burn, the more you should eat for energy and protein.

I hope it gets better for you. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I get this with hypoglycemic incidents..usually a crash a bit after eating something that raised my blood sugar too high. (bad carbs/sugar etc). To fix it, I usually eat a piece of lunch meat (protein) and a little skim milk (carb/sugar) to even it out.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on a small snack. But did you stop drinking coffee or soda at all? when I first stopped that it felt like withdrawl.
  • jamie117100
    Options
    I got shaky and my doctor checked my sugar and found I was not hypoglycemic, but anemic. She told me to make sure to get more iron in my diet and take iron supplements. So far, I haven't had an episode in awhile.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Do you workout in the morning? I only get shaky after i have a good workout.
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    sounds like blood sugar levels are low, get some chronium tabs, these help regulate sugar release
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Maybe you need to up it a little to include a 100 calorie snack mid morning.