should i increase my calories intake

mrschappet
mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
Ok, so I am wondering... how do i know if I should increase my calories per day and by how much. Here are my stats:

height- 5'6''
weight 114-117 I toggle between that
26yrs old

I am happy with my current weight I don't want to lose anymore...but i dont want to go above 120lbs. right now my calories per day is set at 1750.. i actually increased it a little because it was at 1700.

I exercise 6 days a week and burn at minimum 250 calories a day... but i average about 340 calories burned a day.. sometimes reaching 500 or more burned.

I know that the dietary guidelines are at 2000 calorie per day .. so i dont understand why mfp has me less than that. I want to pretty much maintain the weight I am at I am healthy and fit but some days I feel kinda in a fog or just blah and I am wondering if it is because I am not getting enough calories.

I am open to your feedback :-)

Replies

• andyk47
    andyk47 Posts: 9
    I'd say you're doing fine doing what you're doing
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    What is your activity level set to? I just read another post that MFP's are pretty low and that you might have to go one higher than you'd think.
  • Really it takes time, increase your cals a little every week until you see a slight gain and then go back down a little and see if it stabilizes. Trial and error is really the only way to find you personal calorie range.
This discussion has been closed.