Ramen noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This "seasoning/secret powder" sounds pretty detrimental, from what I'm reading. I personally LOVE ramen, but I've only had it at restaurants and never from the package. There's definitely healthy options out there...I get mine loaded with veggies and tofu and it's delish!
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The reason why ramen instant noodles are so cheap in price is because they irradiate the noodles so that it holds its shape faster. Do you ever wonder how the noodles can be consistently that shape? My brother, who understands the Korean language, saw a korean television program where they showed various ramen consumers their diseased stomach because they would eat ramen at night, before bed. Something about irradiated food in your GI tract for hours on end, every day is not healthy!

If something artificial affects your body's nervous system, it can't be good, even infrequently.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat them every now and then (usually when I'm having a MAJOR SERIOUS SALT CRAVING like whoa) ... and I love every gross little drop.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I eat them once in awhile with less of the seasoning and sometimes I add steamed veggies in, a slice of leftover meat, or what have you. You can totally customize your ramen, that's what they're for!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I use the ramen package but I only add enough water to soften up the noodles, then I throw in about a half cup of frozen mixed vegetables and I try not to use the whole seasoning package. It makes it a kinda stir-fry. soo good.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I say if you are really craving it have it. Depriving yourself of something you really want isnt always a great idea.....plus you can exercise it off! Put it in with your calories!