drink my lunch

Hi all

there are days when i'm so busy that i'd like to just have something to drink that would replace a meal but also meet my nutritional needs as well......there are so many products that claim to be such but i never know what to look for to determine its real value....

any thoughts / information????

Replies

• mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    If your trying to lose weight don't get the Jilian Michaels protein mix. It's for building muscle I drank one a day for a week and worked out like crazy but I did gain 2 lbs!!!! The herbalife protein mix comes in a lot f flavors and is good for you. I used that a lot for a meal replacement. Good Luck!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    I used to drink my lunch when i worked next to an irish pub....afternoon productivity dropped off dramatically :(
  • barbpet55
    barbpet55 Posts: 6 Member
    Herbalife has great meal replacement drinks and comes in great flavors.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    I drink a meal replacement shake sometimes. I choose to use VEGA Whole Health Food Optimizer Shake Mix. It is a vegan protein/meal replacement shake and it has every vitamin and nutrient under the sun. It is nutritionally speaking, the BEST thing i've found... however, it tastes like dirt....

but i drink it anyways because of all the amazing things it has in it :)
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    I used to drink my lunch when i worked next to an irish pub....afternoon productivity dropped off dramatically :(

Some days, I drink my dinner!! :drinker:
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member

bahahahaha!!! :drinker:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    I know a lot of people on here make their own smoothies and protein shakes using protein powder. However, they are actually putting REAL FOOD in there and that does take time (and is better for you). I would not suggest meal replacement shakes that are pre-made as it's mostly processed ingredients and is not the whole food and nutrients from food your body is craving.

To save on prep time during the workday I tend to eat Amy's Organics, Kashi, or Evol products (frozen yes, but all natural, organic, and low calorie). Helps me stick to my calorie goals and I don't have time for lunch prep on work mornings and I don't want to eat out lunch every day.
  • that's hilarious!!
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    It's kind of expensive, but I really like the Vega mixes. You can mix them with water or any type of milk (or add other ingredients for a smoothie). They are super healthy and full of vitamins, fiber, protein, iron, calcium, etc. I drink it every morning (mixed with only almond milk), and I definitely feel healthier and more energized.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I'm addicted to making protein shakes -- some days I drink my breakfast, lunch and dinner and eat a few snacks!
  • what do you use exactly in your shakes?
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    GNC LEAN SHAKE or CHIKE NUTRITION!!! ITS DELISH AND LOADS OF VITAMINS :)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    I drink the ensure high protein chocolate shake. It's 255 calories and gives me lots of vitamins and minerals that I'd be missing. Drinking one right now.
  • I drink vi shape nutritional milkshakes!  They are packed with nutrition but only have 90 calories, 1 fat, 7 carbs, 1 sugar.  I mix mine in a blender with milk, juice, or coffee,  ice and cocoa powder, peanut butter, pudding powder, and/or extract flavors. Sweet cream flavor only!!!!!!!!!!