When will the cravings stop???

Options
2»

Replies

• tjlbg1984
    tjlbg1984 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone is writing about this. Haha I always read when people say "after eating only vegetables I now only want vegetables" and think "after eating only vegetables I want to cover the vegatables in cheese sauce and have a cheeseburger on the side. I agree with everyone that you should give in to your cravings here and there or binging on junkfood may happen! It has happened to me a time or two :bigsmile:
  • chachey
    chachey Posts: 3
    Options
    I completely hear ya! I have an addiction to sour candies....it is so hard sometimes to not eat them, but what I have found is sometimes I can get rid of the cravings by having something that kind of tastes similar... Like if I have a craving for candy, I'll eat a sour piece of fruit such as lemons, limes, unripe peaches or nectarines, and it usually goes away.. Or if I have a craving for a cheeseburger, which rarely happens because I'm not a fast food fan, I can usually get rid of it by having something like a low cal grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup. By substituting things I feel like I'm still getting a taste of what I'm craving without the huge amount of calories. But honestly, sometimes when I am craving something, I just eat it! Let yourself have a treat every once in a while, just don't make it a habit. :) Eventually the cravings will become less frequent, and you'll find yourself satisfied with other alternatives.
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I put the time table like this;

2 weeks - you get used to eating the new way
    6 weeks - the new food becomes a habit, you will lean more towards the healthier food
    12 weeks - anything that you haven't eaten much of in the past 12 weeks you no longer crave

However, from your post it doesn't seem that you are really eating healthy. stop eating salads, they're not good for you. They're not really bad, they just don't do anything really good. really research what is actually healthy. no bread, pasta or rice. the only carbs our species should really eat are fruits and vegetables. Eat meat, meat is good for us. The protein and fat from animals is what we really need. Don't over-do fat, but don't worry about it either. Stop eating low-fat foods. the reason that burger looks so good is because that meat is good for you. lose the salad and grab a steak, just moderate calories.

How is a salad with lots of veggies not healthy for you??? I do eat meat. My luch today just didn't consist of any. And it wasn't the burger that was making me drool as much as the fries :wink:
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I'm guessing never...I started 3 1/2 months ago. It was horrible the first 2 months. It kind of mellowed out after that, and my self control is so much better.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Whether people get to their goal or not, eating healthy 100% of the time after having been accustomed to eating "bad" food, people will still have cravings. Many staunch "healthy" people on MFP will demonize fast food, chips, candy, etc. when in reality, it's not the food, it's the over consumption of it.
    If you haven't heard, a Nutrition professor went on a DIET of Twinkies, with some Ho Ho's and chips mixed in to break up the monotony for a month. That's all he ate. He lost 27 pounds. And his cholesterol went down as his triglycerides profile improved. Eating Twinkies and other junk.
    Statistics show that people who try to dump ALL junk out of their life and lose weight, gain it back again once goal is reached.
    People who moderate their cravings in conjunction with a good eating plan MAINTAIN their weight much better.
    Part of a successful program in weight loss is to be HAPPY with your food choices whether good or bad. If you eat healthy all the time, but were UNHAPPY because you wished you could eat a cheeseburger occasionally, you'll eventually cave.
    You can eat responsibly and still have that craving fulfilled.
    There are many successful people here that have lost weight while satisfying their cravings.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I have yet to get rid of these hated feelings. I still get them every now and then especially when TOM comes to visit but overall it may get easier but for me it never subsided.

MEEEEE TOOOO. That TOM is one bad dude

TOM is the bane of my existence. This is the only time I have any desire for junk food. All that work to stabilize my blood sugar, and it's like someone flips a switch and next thing I know I'm dying for Ben and Jerry's. I wish TOM, Ben, and Jerry would take a long walk off a short pier together! :laugh: