Breakfast ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• wkd_lil_law
    wkd_lil_law Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cut out all bread, this this alone will make a difference to your weight, and your stomach will be flatter.
    Best thing to do for breakfast is is a 20-30 min walk on an incline then have porridge oats (not from a box as it will most likely contain sugar),
    Use mainly boiled water but with a dash of unsweetened almond milk. I also top it up with a bit of vanilla protein powder to sweeten it it up. But it's important when you you buy protein powder to buy one with next to no sugar!
    I tend to avoid fruits with breakfast because I prefer to use fruit for snacks in between meals.

Do NOT eat cereal, or cows milk, that levels of fat and sugar can only hinder you.

By doing cardio before breakfast you are forcing your body to burn fat, but it is extremely important to then eat a good sized breakfast afterwards so that your body doesn't cling to the food you eat throughout the rest of the day.
    Biggest mistake I was making was just thinking afterwards banana for breakfast was going to be a good thing. It was not! You have to eat and get your metabolism to start doing the work for you

Xxx
  • BrightonChick
    BrightonChick Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 0530 and lunch isn't usually until 1230 so a filling breakfast is essential in my line of work.....
    My faves are:

Overnight Porridge soaked in greek yogurt topped with banana, cinnamon & sunflower seeds. I add dark chocolate drops too sometimes for extra yumminess...

1 x Brown bread toasted with half a smashed avocado (don'f forget the Salt&Pepper) and 2 poached eggs - YUM!

Like already mentioned, a batch of 2 ingredient Banana Pancakes topped with greek yogurt & maple syrup

Portabello mushroom piled high with sauted spinach & onion topped with 2 poached eggs and a slice of torn smoked salmon.

My breakfasts are usually between 400-500 kcals a day but needed! Big breakfasts are winners for my life style and I promise you, the cooked breakfasts take no longer than 10mins....MAX!

Hope this helps :smiley:
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon. Egg beaters. oy2vdvk4ixqz.jpg
    And toppings. I make enough for my husband for the entire week. Each egg I make a little different.
  • jukenley22
    jukenley22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bricker wrote: »
    Hi everyone out there!

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any good breakfast ideas for me. Looking for something fast and easy to make, but healthy and filling - and low calorie, of course!

I've been using this site for about a month and been losing weight which I'm very happy about! Breakfast is my weakness though - I've been eating a bowl of cereal and some fruit for breakfast every morning but find I'm already hungry about an hour later. Plus its getting a little monotonous. I'd love to find something that would tide me over until at least late morning or lunch if I could.

Best of luck to all of you and thanks for all the help!

I have CNG shake every morning that full me up until 2pm
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    cleo77 wrote: »
    1 cup of soy or milk, 1 banana, and 1 tbsp of sugar free peanut butter and blend all ingredients for 30seconds. Very filling, high in protein, and keeps me going till lunch, especially before a workout.

Okay, I think I will give this a try.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've started eating "ice cream" for breakfast, haha. My favorite is a banana, tbsp peanut butter and maybe a bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon. I take it out of the freezer in the morning and while it tastes like unhealthy ice cream, it's pretty good for you, and relatively low-cal
  • redpeg22000
    redpeg22000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a breakfast made of lots of things and flavours. This makes it seem like I'm eating a really big breakfast Whilst keeping it low calorie. I start with a coffee with milk but no sugar 27kcal and a low calorie cereal bar 80-85kcal. Then i have a bowl of plain porridge 30g made with water 115 kcal. Then I finish with an zero xtreme isotonic drink 8 kcal (I cycle 8.6 miles to work) and a low calorie chicken noodle cuppa soup 43 kcal. All of which comes to a total of just 280 kcal.