Stuck and not getting past it

Options
I have been stuck at 170ish for about a month and a half now. It wont budge. I have tried eating really low for a week., alternating higher and low days. I've adjusted my target calories aftraid i was eating too little (according to what i read, my new goal is 1 lb/week). I have increased exercise. Nothing seems to get me past this. I am afraid I am starting to get frustrated. I made this lifestyle change 8-9 months ago and couldn't be happier, but would really like to get past this. Any ideas?

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    What are your proteni/carb/fat ratios set at?
    Do you have any medical influences, like PCOS, diabetes, allergies?

Since youdon't have much to lose it might be better to set it at 1/2 pound a week --- I know people want to go faster but that doesn't seem to work for the last 20 pounds -- at least not for me :)
  • jenny138
    jenny138 Posts: 46
    Options
    I am right there with you. About the same weight too. It can be very frustrating. thats for sure. But I will just continue to do what Im doing and hope that eventually I will continue with the weight loss. Im content right now with just enjoying the fact that I am in my 170s lol I haven been there in a really really long time.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Try changing your goal to 0.5lb a week. I'd been stuck around 173 forever. Finally lowered my goal and am down to 170 (finally!).

Not sure what your final goal weight is, but I've noticed once you get within 20 pounds of it, the weight comes off even slower.

Congrats on your progress!
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I get stuck for a while, then the weight flies off, then stuck, then weight flies off...try to keep your eyes on the big picture! You are doing things that are great for your body and probably make you feel pretty darn good. Keep up the good work.
  • twillhoi
    twillhoi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. The problem with switching to .5 for me is that I have a hard time eating the calories I have now (even more so when i exercise). I plan my day the night before and always manage to come home with a lunch box with food still in it.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 169 for almost two months. It was very frustrating, so I understand how you are feeling. I just kept at it and continued to exercise and stayed within my calorie limits (always eating back my exercise calories). Eventually the weight started to come off again and I am at 155 now. My best advice is to just hang in there!! It has taken me over 8 months to get where I am at, but it is well worth it. You are doing the right thing for yourself, try not to get too hung up on the numbers and just keep moving!! Good luck.