A Giant Rant

Options
2»

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I love bananas! Green ones where the peel really snaps when ya tear it are the best! But I will eat them all the way until they are too mushy. Ones turning really brown get peeled and go in the freezer, they make a great half-frozen treat eaten with a fork. Also frozen bananas are great for smoothies and shakes.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I freeze them

I prefer them greenish, the GI is lower on them, once they get yellow and brown, too fast sugar rush for me.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I freeze my bananas once they start getting spotty :( They make for a delicious healthy frozen smoothie.

I was going to say this as well. I slice them, lay them individually on a cookie sheet when frozen pop into a bag, I do this with lots of fruits actually and use them all for smoothies or just a frozen treat. They are way better than popsicles :) frozen watermelon cubes are my fave!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband that if he doesn't like what I bought....it's his turn to shop and my turn to complain!
    Likewise, if he complains about dinner...it's his turn tomorrow to cook and my turn to whine!
    He complained that I didn't sort his laundry correctly...guess what? He now does his own laundry!
    I always begin as I mean to go on. In most cases that means: if you complain about the way I do something, you are welcome to do it yourself.
    This has saved me many headaches.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i actually like the over ripe bananas best
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If I try to eat an overripe one I gag, so at that point they either go in the garbage, or in a smoothy. Not much for baking bread, but that would be a good use.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I freeze them to make banana bread/cake. Got this "recipe" from a girlfriend. Get a standard box yellow cake mix from the grocery store, prepare as directed except substitute apple sauce for the oil/butter, add 4-5 mashed ripe bananas and some walnuts (optional). Bake as directed in a regular or bundt cake pan...makes some of the best banana bread you're ever tasted, and it's easy!! I'm going to try it with a sugar-free cake mix this time around. I figure the bananas are sweet enough to carry it off. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Well... not a giant one... I would just like to file my complaint.

I am perturbed at my husband because he refuses to eat bananas the second they pass their moment of perfect freshness... The second there is a brown spot on them he will no longer touch them... Therefore, I am left every week trying to eat over ripe bananas so they don't go to waste.

He wont eat them if they are too green... and wont eat them if they are over ripe! So every week there is a 48 hour period that he will eat bananas. Plus he is the one who is always tossing them into the cart at the store.

HUMPF! Rant over...

However, I do love him so very much so I am willing to eat the bananas that have spots. :flowerforyou:
    There is a thing called yellow paint......................................
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have filed your complaint with the Institution of Husband Complaints. I have started this Institution to aid my wife in organizing various complaints. Our organization takes these filings extremely seriously.

However, complaint #1 seems to be stalling the speed at which issues are addressed. Complaint number #1 is that the Institution of Husband Complaints is extremely unorganized and generally enjoys watching sports over dealing with the complaints. That said, you have my word that these issues will be addressed as soon as the game is over.

Sincerely,

CEO & Founder
    Institution of Husband Complaints
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have filed your complaint with the Institution of Husband Complaints. I have started this Institution to aid my wife in organizing various complaints. Our organization takes these filings extremely seriously.

However, complaint #1 seems to be stalling the speed at which issues are addressed. Complaint number #1 is that the Institution of Husband Complaints is extremely unorganized and generally enjoys watching sports over dealing with the complaints. That said, you have my word that these issues will be addressed as soon as the game is over.

Sincerely,

CEO & Founder
    Institution of Husband Complaints

LOL!! Too True!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i must be the only person that likes them with lots of brown spots...really sweet that way!