Might Run First 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it. I know I should be happy just because I did it, but to be completely honest I am quite disappointed because I was 9th out of the 10 in my age class.. I did 34:02. I guess there is no where to move but up. Next year I will be 30 and will be at the youngest of the age class. Instead of oldest like I am this year. Thank you again for your support, I would not have tried without your encouragement. One last note, I wrote this on a mobile phone so I appologize for my grammar.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I am counting on doing much better for my second race as well. It felt great to have the first one done, jitters gone, and I knew I could do it. Great job!
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job!...btw I will be estatic if I'm under 40 minutes for my first but my ultimate goal is a 30 minute 5k
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I was some where around 39 min my 1st 5K, and I finished somewhere in the middle.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it! My 6 year old runs them in 45 minutes or so and he is no where near last. Careful, they are addicting though!
    Also, I know some people might disagree, but my best times are always during the races. It is so motivating to be running with all those people and have people cheering for you on the sidelines. It makes me push harder.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I am doing my first official 5k October 8th and I am so nervous. I am 40 and a post cancer Survivor and I cannot wait to do this...Congratulations on your time and for entering in the first place, way to go !!!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Also, I know some people might disagree, but my best times are always during the races. It is so motivating to be running with all those people and have people cheering for you on the sidelines. It makes me push harder.

I agree with this, it is so motivating!!
  • Imahottmess
    Options
    I saw go for it! I finished the C25k program 3 weeks early this week and was very excited. Looking forward to doing my first 5k in the next month or so.