A nice NSV

Options
cpegasus01
cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
Today I asked my 17 yr old daugher how much she weighed because she had something last night about some new jeans that she had bought were a size 6 and she was able to wear them. So she told me that she weighs 155. Now keep in mind that she is about 5'3" and is athletic. When she asked me how much I weighed and I told her it was 163 she says "That's not fair!" I know that isn't much but it felt good to hear her say that.

Replies

• kappy_hollowell
    Options
    happy dance!!!! That's so funny!!!! Congrats!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    What does NSV mean?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a little family competition. My Daughter has been calling me a skinny b..ch. All in fun.
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    That's how I felt when my mom lost 150lbs. The bright side was my mom began shopping like crazy which meant I had more clothes in my closet without having to pay for them :)
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    What does NSV mean?

non-scale victory
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    What does NSV mean?

Non Scale Victory :)
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Well on thats note...yesterday my fiance couldnt stop talking about how much thinner my arms looked. It made me feel really good about my self since I am most conscious about my arms
    :D
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Thanks guys! Well on thats note...yesterday my fiance couldnt stop talking about how much thinner my arms looked. It made me feel really good about my self since I am most conscious about my arms
    :D

Great NSV!!! I cant wait for my arms to be skinny *again*
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    Options
    Gee, can I borrow those size 6 jeans this winter, I can't find my gloves. So you guys are neck to neck almost. That should be fun, remembering the days my daughter and I exchanged clothes, like size 8. we're both working on that so we can do it again.
  • cpegasus01
    Options
    Oh yes, she has already made the comment that she will be borrowing my clothes. I just told her that I would make sure that I buy clothes that she doesn't like and then laughed.
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    woo hoo! You'll share clothes for sure! My nearly 15 yo daughter weighs 100lbs, so yeah...no sharing for us. :(
  • cpegasus01
    Options
    Gee, can I borrow those size 6 jeans this winter, I can't find my gloves. So you guys are neck to neck almost. That should be fun, remembering the days my daughter and I exchanged clothes, like size 8. we're both working on that so we can do it again.

You will get there! I have faith.

This morning as I was getting ready for work and trying to decide what pair of jeans that I wanted to wear, I spied a pair that I haven't worn since last year. I thought what the heck I will try them on and see how much further I have to go before I could wear them again. Well THEY FIT!! and are even loose. I was shocked to say the least. It's those little NSVs that really keep you going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!