Kids...don't you just love em!

Options
hgam1
hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialled the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ? '

'Is your daddy home?' he asked.

' Yes ,' whispered the small voice.

May I talk with him?'

The child whispered, ' No .'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' ' Yes '

'May I talk with her?'

Again the small voice whispered, ' No '

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

' Yes , ' whispered the child, ' a policeman . '

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

' No, he's busy , ' whispered the child.

'Busy doing what?'

' Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive. Again, whispering, the child answered,

' The search team just landed a helicopter '

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...

' ME . '

Replies

• hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialled the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ? '

May I talk with him?'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' ' Yes '

'May I talk with her?'

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

'Busy doing what?'

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive. Again, whispering, the child answered,

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

' ME . '
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Haha... another cute story... My friend's daughter will turn one on Sunday. She LOVES the Christmas tree and looking at all the pretty lights. At first she tried to take off all the ornaments, but they have told her she needs to leave them on. Then they caught her sitting down and taking off her socks and hanging them on the tree!!! HOW CUTE!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

May I talk with him?'

'May I talk with her?'

'Busy doing what?'

' ME . '

That is too funny! And, probably something my daughter would do...Saturday she called 911. THAT was not fun....:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha!!!:laugh:

Too cute.:smooched:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options