Sweet Tooth! Any recommendations for low cal options?

Options

Replies

• Chrissy2627
    Options
    Silk dark chocolate almond milk is terrific and always settles my chocolate cravings. Other things that I like are Fiber One brownies, chocolate teddy grahams, Kellogs Fiber bars with chocolate and peanut butter, skinny cow candy bars, fruit with vanilla yogurt, fruit and yogurt smoothies.
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    Skinny Cow has these Chocolate Cluster and Peanut Butter Wafer Cookie Things that are amazing, also I find M &M Pretzel helps with the sweet/salt cravings that I get. Eat slow and drink water. I hope this helps!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    kashi dark chocolate granola bars are awesome...and cocoa mini wheats (dry)...I also indulge in soy chocolate pudding, almond milk with hot water and chai tea, fruit and whipped cream (the fake stuff), skinny vanilla lattes from starbucks (very rare occasion)...
  • kellyjeanrobinson
    kellyjeanrobinson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Isalean bars (http://brucerobinson.isagenix.com/us/en/company_associate.dhtml#) and they are about 250 calories, but I eat a bit here and a bit there throughout the day. But, they do have sugar which I try to avoid otherwise I love the lemon and chocolate peanut. tastes like candybars, but "healthy."

Does anyone have a suggestion for NO processed SUGAR and (NO FAKE SUGAR) either? Honey, applesauce, agave...? ideas/recipes?
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    DIET COKE CAKE!!!!! So simple! Take a chocolate cake mix and mix with only a can of diet cola, bake as normal and top with fat free cool whip, it tastes awesome!!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Fruit. I just had a nectarine and it was soooo sweet! Or Quaker Chewy bars are pretty good to. I like the oatmeal raisin
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    try a fruit tray of the good stuff people usually dont't buy.pinapple, blue berries, straw berries,rasberries. Put it on a pretty tray a srve with cool whip in a pretty dish. Disappeared FAST in my office
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    don't know if you're uk or us but some of my favourite uk sweet treats are:

fruit factory fruit stars (mango or mango/apple/strawberr) - 71 cals a packet (not that much better than sweets but lower sugar and controlled portion size)

frootz high fruit buttons (strawberry or raspberry) - 70 cals a packet (ditto as in they're glorified 'healthy' sweets but small amount)

carrots, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries - obviously depends how many you have but all very low cal.

Alpen light chocolate fudge cereal bar - 63 calories

various ice lollies - 30 - 90 calories each

hartleys sugar free raspberry and cranberry jelly - 9 calories

weightwatchers cake slices (lemon, blueberry or coconut) - about 80 cals, can't remember now, haven't had them for a while

sweetness and light artificial sweetener - 2 cals a teaspoon. A bit foamy but tastes more or less like real sugar

diet coke???
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, Skinny Cow snacks (bars, chocolate clusters) and 100 calorie snacks,
    Good luck :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    - Stonyfield farm organic yogurt - Fat Free Chocolate Underground flavor
    - Dove miniature ice cream bars (70 cal each)
    - a graham cracker with nutella
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Skinny Cow has good products! :)
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nutella! Spread really really thinly over whole-wheat multi-grain bread. The bread helps fill you up so you don't feel like eating more.
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream. I have yet to try it since the closet store is 1 hr away but i guess a pint is only 150 calories!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love the Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses. They're 20 calories each and it says on the package that the serving size is like 8 but for me just 2 or 3 is enough to curb the chocolate cravings! They're very rich and dark chocolate is good for you (in moderation)!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    1 packet of vanilla sugar free instant pudding (100 c)
    2 cups fat free milk (172 c)
    1 cup diced strawberries 27 c)
    freeze in 1/4 cup popcicle molds
    total calories: 299
    makes 10 servings at 1/2 cup
    calories: 30
    carbs: 5
    fiber: 0
    protein: 2
    sodium: 146
    sugar:0

Taste: Sheer awesomeness
    (Jello chocolate sugar free/fat free pudding is 140 c/ box instead of 100, so 34 c/serving above . . . looks like I'm trying that next)

Had to edit: realized that my math didn't add up, LOL!
  • angelaslc
    angelaslc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and I'm a total chocoholic but I have a few rules about snacks and foods.

Must have all natural ingredients - no chemicals: aspartame, splenda, high fructose corn syrup, preservative, artificial colors or flavors, etc. And I must know and understand each ingrediant. Preferable minimally processed and gluten & dairy free.

To quench my thirst for chocolate: Endangered Species Deep Forrest Mint Squares - only 50 calories. When I'm being really good, I get the Extreme Dark Chocolate Squares with 88% cocoa.

My favorite snack is: LARABARS - most flavors only have 3 ingredients: nuts, dates and a spice or flavor. Because of the nuts and dates they tend to be a little high calorie for some people - but I usually go for the lowest calorie bar: Blueberry Muffin, it has under 190 I believe. If that's not available I go for Lemon, Key Lime or Apple Pie.

Coconut yogurt: Vanilla has the lowest calories and taste great with a little bit of fruit or flaked unsweetened coconut. I think it has around 150 calories

SoDelicious Coconut ice cream sandwiches....only 100 calories.....heaven.....has gluten but no dairy

Red Mango - freaking love their frozen yogurt with all natural ingredients. A small is only 120 - maybe add some sliced banana or berries - an extra 50 calories. It has dairy but gluten free.

When I'm being really healthy, I mix up some Vega, Bodacious Berry shake and go smoothie. It's a 100 calories, very nutritious and it does the trick.

Everything but Red Mango can be found at Whole Foods.....Red Mango is found at your local Red Mango shop if you have one.
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Straight up strawberries. Luscious and delicious. 8 strawberries for 35 calories. The cheapest thrill in town!

For a more sophisticated sweet:

Get a cereal bowl
    Slice a fruit like one medium peach. Or why not strawberries!.
    Dump a good load of cinnamon on . Grounded of course. Cinnamon is slightly acidic, and regulates blood sugar level.
    Toss it around a little so the cinnamon covers the fruit. You should be gettinng dizzy with anticipation now.
    Top it with a half cup of plain yogurt. The key is plain. Non-fat Organic Trader Joes European Style is wonderful.
    Don't mix it! Just layer the yogurt on the fruit mix.
    Lay a half cup of favorite healthy wholewheat flake cereal on the top.

You can have it fresh just like that.
    Fruit: 50 or less calories
    Yogurt: 50 or so calories
    Cereal: 50 or so calories
    Cinnamon: free
    TOTAL: 150

For advanced leave this in the fridge for a while, overnight, or half a day or something. The cereal will soak the moisture out of the yogurt. The cereal will be like pie crust. If too soggy put some more crunchy cereal when serving. The yogurt underneath will be like greek yogurt, or cheese cake. And the fruit at the bottom will be heavenly.

Great entertainment piece with kids too. Go crazy and try the basic idea with dried fruits like cranberries and raisins.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    mini snickers ice cream bars.... 90 cal, chocolate, caramel, nuts, and icecream....
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    bump
  • trixieSF
    trixieSF Posts: 10
    Options
    Figs! I just found out they're in season now. A medium fig has only 40 calories. And so sweet!