To resize rings or not to resize rings?

Options
2»

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    And of course some rings just can't be resized. My engagement ring was an 8 and I can't have it resized if I wanted to.

See this is just wrong. Most jewelery stores will tell you this because they want to sell you something new. I was told this countless times and held off for 5 years resizing my ring up. I did it when I looked around for someone to do a custom bad on it for our 10 year anniversary. I found an independent jeweler who has been in business over 30 years and he said that's a bunch of horse puckey. So, know I was going to lose the weight and need it sized down again, I spent the $$ and had it resized to fit 3 years ago to my husbands delight. It's now too big, but I'm waiting until I hit my goal and then I'll have it sized down again.
  • burly68
    burly68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my husband is besides himself that i am not wearing my ring. he loves the new me i am melting away into. but he said he doesn't care if we spen $40 every month he put that ring on my finger and it should stay their.. awe after 18 years he still wants everyone to know i am his wife. i think i love him all over again.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    my husband is besides himself that i am not wearing my ring. he loves the new me i am melting away into. but he said he doesn't care if we spen $40 every month he put that ring on my finger and it should stay their.. awe after 18 years he still wants everyone to know i am his wife. i think i love him all over again.

I think my husband would be the same way. He's so set on letting everyone know that I'm his wife it's cute!!
  • lilmeg007
    Options
    You could get a smaller ring and wear it as a "stopper" to keep your other rings from coming off!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting till I am done.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It IS true that some rings cannot be resized or limited resizing like my bezel (flat) stone setting. Bending the metal would weaken the setting and possible loss of the stone. What you CAN do is have your jeweler install two little metal balls welded to the interior of the ring at the 4 and 7 O'clock position
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I went to the jewelry store and bought a metal "sizer" for about $10. I need it since my hands swell in the hot summer months, and shrink when I'm cold. It's alot more comfortable than the plastic ones and not as bulky.

I have this issue too, but it's summer and it's HOT and they are still falling off. They've always been a little big in the winter months, but now with them sliding around in the summer I'm afraid to see what happens in the winter. I've never had them sized before, a fact that I really enjoyed, so maybe I'll just have the metal spacer put in until after child #2 in a couple of years and then I'll make the change permanent.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Get a silicon to put around the band so its more snug

Unfortunately, I wish i did this a while ago, then I wouldnt of lost one of my rings
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    some jewelery stores have metal pieces they can put on the inside of your ring (kinda like the plastic ones) but not as bulky, they arent that much but I would wait until your done with your weight loss and having kids. cause if you keep sizing them in can weaken your ring... (I use to work in 2 different jewelry stores)

This
  • GotToChange
    GotToChange Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do not resize your rings....get new (haha). Your fingers may get bigger as you get older too.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i am going to have this issue soon! yay!