How can I get more calcium without calories and carbs?

Options
I need to increase my calcium intake but it seems many options have calories and carbs. I am not a fan of cottage cheese or yogurt so I find it difficult. Any ideas?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Your only option with no calories or carbs will be a calcium supplement.
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Veggies in the cabbage family, so broccoli, kale, greens etc. AND virtually calorie free!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    leafty greens & beans!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    calcium supplement
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Gnaw on some bones - or get some bone meal

Or if you want to be complicated I suppose you could just take a calcium supplement.
  • maparapa22
    Options
    I have been eating TONS of strawberries they are like 3 times the amount of calcium that and spinach is good :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    coconut milk? I it is 90 cals a serving and 9 carbs. Not that bad and tastes amazing!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    almond milk....i drink unsweetened (its not that bad at all, it tastes amazing actually!) 35 calories a cup, 45% calcium. seeing i am lactose intolerant, it helps with my dairy
    tums could work too, 100% calcium and about 10 calories for two tablets.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Gnaw on some bones - or get some bone meal

Or if you want to be complicated I suppose you could just take a calcium supplement.

My monitor appreciates the water and spit now. Thank you.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I have been eating TONS of strawberries they are like 3 times the amount of calcium that and spinach is good :)

spinach & strawberry salad is so delicious... what a bonus on the calcium!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    also, almond milk (unsweetened has 35-40 cals depending on the brand and quite a bit of calcium and low carb)
  • lmc1015
    lmc1015 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for all your input and support. I should have mentioned I tend to go over my protein goal for the day too so I am not sure spinach or beans would would factor in but I think they are both high in protein. The calcium supplement seems like a good option or possibly the almond or coconut milk. Will give these ideas a go and see how I do! Thanks again!!