Runners Club - December 9th

Options
Just an easy 3 miles today. Did an upper body workout at the gym since I had the extra time.

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Just an easy 3 miles today. Did an upper body workout at the gym since I had the extra time.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Looks like plans have changed. My brother thinks we should not run everyday. So 1 day run 1 day strength work out. He thinks running everyday may be too much for us. What do you think? Is it ok for a new runner to run everyday?
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I did 6.4 miles today and felt pretty good!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5 miles today in the rain. I swear one day its snowing then ice now rain. Tomorrow will probally be -15 degrees out. I swear I live in the worst part of the world.:indifferent:

Alisha
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running today for me. Did an awesome spinning class early this morning though. No running tomorrow either. The next time to run is Thursday and it is supposed to rain on Wed so I am sure it will be more like ice skating.:noway:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Looks like plans have changed. My brother thinks we should not run everyday. So 1 day run 1 day strength work out. He thinks running everyday may be too much for us. What do you think? Is it ok for a new runner to run everyday?

Yes, I think that's a good plan. I'm a regular runner and I hardly ever run on consecutive days. I cross train by lifting weights, elliptical, swim, etc. It's the best way to work ALL of your body and prevent injuries for me!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    4 mile interval run on the TM, felt great today!! Pushed it to 8.5mph on the TM for my highest speed. (only 1-2 min!)

Then 600 yd swim to cool down. :wink:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Walked 4 today with my big baby strapped to the front of me. I started out with him in the baby jogger going for a run, but he freaked out, so I put him in the front pack and walked instead. He slept the whole way!!! 16 pounds is a lot when you're going for that amount of time!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ran with my training group tonight and we did ten minutes timed. I came in at almost a mile which is fast for me. My long distance is such a slow job. Now I just have to figure out how to maintain some speed on my long runs :wink:
    Bunny
  • natashak
    Options
    I didn't run today, yesterday I did 4 miles, which is good for me considering I only started working out last monday (day 8 today). I try and run 4 times a week, swim 3 times a week over 2500 yards, and I havent started my strength training yet. As of right now I just want to do as much of cardio as possible. I hope it helps mee