First ever weight loss attempt - here's to becoming fit and

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have recently discovered that treating your body as if it is 20 is fine... when you actually are 20! But eating junk, chain smoking and not exercising isn't an option after you turn 35...

I am woefully ill-equipped to monitor my food intake and exercise on my own as I have never had to do it before, so I am really hoping that I will find the knowledge I need here at myfitnesspal. 'Cause I don't think beginners luck is gonna cut it :)

Jenna x

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenna!!
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is very helpful to keep your goals in mind. I totally feel you about life after 35 :)
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome Jenna,

I think you will find quite a bit of support at MFP. I do.
  • bunny888
    bunny888 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome Jenna. This is a fantastic site - it's full of support and encouragement. Feel free to add me (I'm from the UK by the way).
  • djenna8girl
    djenna8girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks Kelly!

ps. congrats on the 115lb loss - that's fantastic :)

aarrghh - trying to work out how to post replies to a specific person.... oh well... I will just add thanks to you all for the kind words of encouragement - I have a good feeling about this place :)
  • beckyw21911
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Djenna, welcome! It's never easy to take that first step but once you have, the second one's better. We'll all help you on here, feel free to add me as a friend. I've found everyone on here really encouraging.:bigsmile: