maybe a silly question...

Options
when I started I was given 1800cals/day, but every time I weigh in (and lose) I go in to recalculate so my cals/day have dropped to 1690. am I supposed to recalculate after every loss? or would it automatically do it later?

what does everyone else do?

Replies

• Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I recalculate every time, it prompts you after each 10lbs I think, but then you see quite a big drop, whereas if you recalculate each time, you drop about 10 cals, which you dont really notice.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If you have your goals set for you by mfp (% of carbs, fat, protein), then it will prompt you to update after losing 10 pounds. If you customize your macronutrient goals, then you have to update it yourself. Generally I update it every time I lose 2 pounds so the drop in calories is gradual.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    very cool! thank you :) I didn't know MFP would prompt me. but yeah, I'd rather do a gradual calorie drop! I'll keep doing it the way I have been.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Wish you cold set it to recalculate automatically, tho...
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    If you have your goals set for you by mfp (% of carbs, fat, protein), then it will prompt you to update after losing 10 pounds. If you customize your macronutrient goals, then you have to update it yourself. Generally I update it every time I lose 2 pounds so the drop in calories is gradual.
    I like your way Mikey! Great idea as far as the gradual decrease.:wink: