Hello All

Options
I would like to introduce myself to this great community. I am 42 y/o male. I've been married for 10 1/2 yrs and have 3 boys presently 9,8,5 yrs old. I am a full time firefighter/paramedic in a Dallas, TX suburb. I am also a former Marine. Fitness has always played a role in my life from high school athletics through my time in the service and as a firefighter to an extent. My weight has always been above what I would want. I have always been infatuated with being "big & strong" and now need a shift in my thinking.

I am 6'1" and currently weigh 242#. I am on my second week of P90X and have a target weight of 205ish. Thus far I have managed to clean up my diet to 5-6 small meals a day of oatmeal, chicken breast or lean ground beef with veggies. I do drink plenty of water during the day (at least 2-3 liters a day). My problem is with the evening MUNCHIES, I love to eat and my body keeps asking where the sweets are.

I look forward to using this site to help me keep track of my goals and getting the chance to communicate with others going through "transitions" in their lives.

Replies

• geder62
    Options
    I would like to introduce myself to this great community. I am 42 y/o male. I've been married for 10 1/2 yrs and have 3 boys presently 9,8,5 yrs old. I am a full time firefighter/paramedic in a Dallas, TX suburb. I am also a former Marine. Fitness has always played a role in my life from high school athletics through my time in the service and as a firefighter to an extent. My weight has always been above what I would want. I have always been infatuated with being "big & strong" and now need a shift in my thinking.

I am 6'1" and currently weigh 242#. I am on my second week of P90X and have a target weight of 205ish. Thus far I have managed to clean up my diet to 5-6 small meals a day of oatmeal, chicken breast or lean ground beef with veggies. I do drink plenty of water during the day (at least 2-3 liters a day). My problem is with the evening MUNCHIES, I love to eat and my body keeps asking where the sweets are.

I look forward to using this site to help me keep track of my goals and getting the chance to communicate with others going through "transitions" in their lives.
  • amccarville
    Options
    good luck to you. this site and all the support that comes with it will for sure help you reach your goal. just remember to always log your calories, that is what has really helped me so far.:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Geder!

Nice to meet another guy around here. You'll find some good tools & lots of support here for your journey. I know exactly what you are talking about with the evening munchies. I had that pattern whipped & then have been falling back in the past couple months. Time for me to get back with the program!

Best wishes!