Chicken Cordon Bleu

Options
SoupNazi
SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
Chicken_Cordon_Bleu.jpg

There are many ways to make this famous dish, but this was the best I had ever tried! Enjoy.

Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time:
1 hr

Makes:
4 servings

What You Need
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
4 tsp. GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard
12 slices OSCAR MAYER Thin Sliced Smoked Ham 4
KRAFT 2% Milk Swiss Cheese Slices
1/3 cup cholesterol-free egg product
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs

Make It
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place chicken, top-sides down, on large cutting board. Spread each breast with 1 tsp. mustard; top with 3 ham slices and 1 cheese slice. Starting at one of the short ends, tightly roll up chicken.

DIP chicken in egg product, then roll in bread crumbs until evenly coated on all sides. Place, seam-sides down, in single layer in shallow lightly greased baking dish.

BAKE 25 min. Cover loosely with foil; bake an additional 15 to 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).

Kraft Kitchens Tips
How to Pound Chicken Breasts
Place 2 of the chicken breasts in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound chicken with the side of a heavy can, rolling pin or meat mallet until chicken is 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from bag; set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Cooking Know-HowIf necessary, secure chicken rolls with toothpicks before coating with bread crumbs and baking as directed. Be sure to remove and discard all toothpicks before serving chicken.Jazz It UpGarnish with chopped fresh parsley just before serving. Serve with your favorite hot steamed vegetable.

Nutrition Infomation
Calories 320
Total fat 11 g
Saturated fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 130 mg
Sodium 840 mg
Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 50 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV
Vitamin C 0 %DV
Calcium 25 %DV
Iron 10 %DV
Healthy Living Information

Recipe from Kraft

Replies

• SoupNazi
    Options
    Chicken_Cordon_Bleu.jpg

There are many ways to make this famous dish, but this was the best I had ever tried! Enjoy.

Prep Time:
    15 min
    Total Time:
    1 hr

Makes:
    4 servings

What You Need
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
    4 tsp. GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard
    12 slices OSCAR MAYER Thin Sliced Smoked Ham 4
    KRAFT 2% Milk Swiss Cheese Slices
    1/3 cup cholesterol-free egg product
    1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs

Make It
    PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place chicken, top-sides down, on large cutting board. Spread each breast with 1 tsp. mustard; top with 3 ham slices and 1 cheese slice. Starting at one of the short ends, tightly roll up chicken.

DIP chicken in egg product, then roll in bread crumbs until evenly coated on all sides. Place, seam-sides down, in single layer in shallow lightly greased baking dish.

BAKE 25 min. Cover loosely with foil; bake an additional 15 to 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).

Kraft Kitchens Tips
    How to Pound Chicken Breasts
    Place 2 of the chicken breasts in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound chicken with the side of a heavy can, rolling pin or meat mallet until chicken is 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from bag; set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Cooking Know-HowIf necessary, secure chicken rolls with toothpicks before coating with bread crumbs and baking as directed. Be sure to remove and discard all toothpicks before serving chicken.Jazz It UpGarnish with chopped fresh parsley just before serving. Serve with your favorite hot steamed vegetable.

Nutrition Infomation
    Calories 320
    Total fat 11 g
    Saturated fat 4.5 g
    Cholesterol 130 mg
    Sodium 840 mg
    Carbohydrate 4 g
    Dietary fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 50 g
    Vitamin A 6 %DV
    Vitamin C 0 %DV
    Calcium 25 %DV
    Iron 10 %DV
    Healthy Living Information

Recipe from Kraft
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Where are all these good recipes comin from? I wubs chicken cordon bleu drool.gif

How's about you come to my place baybeee flirtysmile1.gif

I'll buy......you cook? ninja.gif:bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Where are all these good recipes comin from? I wubs chicken cordon bleu drool.gif

I'm a sucker for good food.:blushing:
    If it doesn't taste like heaven, then I do not eat it.

What time shall I be there? I'll bring the wine! (That also means Shannon and Tasha will surely follow):laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

I'm a sucker for good food.:blushing:
    If it doesn't taste like heaven, then I do not eat it.

What time shall I be there? I'll bring the wine! (That also means Shannon and Tasha will surely follow):laugh:

Sounds like a partay!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Ummmmm I get off work at 5 so ummmm how's about 7? Oh wait Shannon's 2 hours behind us....so umm.....happy107.gif Shannon! You're gonna have to leave work early......are you all of a sudden not feeling so well? :wink: :laugh: Better go home and fly to SC :bigsmile: :drinker: Tash........you too :drinker: And anyone else that wants to come.....Max can eat in the garage :wink: :tongue: :laugh:

We've got some Soup to make ya feel better....and chase it down with some wine :devil: :smokin: :bigsmile:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Oh if only I weren't a vegetarian. That looks yummy....:happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I just drooled on my keyboard!!! :tongue: :laugh: