I stopped losing :-(

Options
:brokenheart: :sad: what now?

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    eat more. this is the advice I've gotten. make sure it's of the "right" stuff, just eat more. especially if you're exercising a lot more. or change up your workout.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    eat more. this is the advice I've gotten. make sure it's of the "right" stuff, just eat more. especially if you're exercising a lot more. or change up your workout.

Thanks!..I'm gonna try this!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary we can help you a little more.

Side note...I love your cartoon picture :)
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've seen this advice many times as well, hope it works
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I been told eat more or work harder...sometimes people get off track. Im my case...I was workingout 6 days a week and eating like 600 net cals....working harder wasn't my problem. Went and ate a bunch of junk this past weekend and didnt gain anything...maybe I was in starvation mode....
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    everyone told me to eat more when I stopped loosing a few weeks ago and IT WORKED, I started eating 1500 calories a day instead of 1200 and kept burning around 600-800 and I lost 5 lbs in that first week,

good luck
  • fatgirlslove
    Options
    If you open up your diary we can help you a little more.

Side note...I love your cartoon picture :)

thanks lol
  • amyvic4686
    Options
    Hey!
    Make sure you're drinking enough water and mix up your eating. Don't eat the same things all the time because they're right. Have something worse now and again to kick it into gear. Also make sure you're eating your exercise calories. I know loads of people don't but they are there for you to eat!!
    Good luck xx
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    After losing 52lb in 4 months I had been stuck for 4 weeks! I actually cut back my calories this week as I had increased them previously changing my MFP goal from losing 2lb per week to one since I have 15 to reach my goal. Seems I was just maintaining perhaps? So I cut back from around 2000 a day to 1500 this week. I've set a new low weight this morning so I hope it continues.

My current plan will be to stick around 1500 on days I just do cardio and eat back just a few of the exercise calories. On days I lift weight and do cardio I'll eat back a larger percentage of the calories I burn.

I've also increased my protein intake (with whey and casein) as I've read I should get 1gm per 1lb of body weight I want to be. Including taking a serving of casein right before I go to bed to nourish my body while I sleep.

So out of all that something has made me lose this week when the last 4 I had not!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    keep going, just keep going!

it's hard, but it's worth it.

i lost weight every single week for 6 months, and i've been stuck at the same weight more or less for the past 2 months, but i am still going to the gym 5 times a week, i am unrelenting, and i've started personal training again. i will power through the plateau and come out the other side.

i am noticing that i'm fitting into clothes better, walking taller and lighter, and other changes are happening, but the scale isn't moving too much. i'm fitting back into clothes sizes that i wore before i was pregnant (all those years ago). I still have a long way to go, and I refuse to give up until i meet my goals.

now is the time where people usually sink or swim. i choose to swim. i choose to tough out the hard times and be rewarded when my body decides to catch up and carry on where normally i would have given up thinking it was impossible.

I will be more stubborn than this plateau, i will beat it!
  • fatgirlslove
    Options
    thanks guys...I def need to switch it up!