To eat or not to eat your exercise calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I didn't for maybe the first 10 lbs of my loss, then I plateaued. Then i ate half, lost another 5, plateaued again. Now I eat all and I'm on a nice steady decline since. From what I've seen on some peoples stories, it works to not eat them at first, especially if you have a lot to lose, but your body will only be able to sustain such low amounts of nourishment for so long before it slows down your other bodily functions to compensate. It seems counter productive to eat more when you are trying to lose weight, but if you are going to exercise, it really is a must!

Eat your exercise calories and make them good quality, nourishing calories!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I eat them if I am hungry and leave them if I am not.I like to listen to my body
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I have to say that "listening to our bodies" is the main reason most of us are here to lose weight. I've reached the conclusion that my body is terrible about telling me how to eat properly, and I've spent the last several months re-training it by using my brain to make sure I'm eating enough and the right kinds of calories.
    To beat a dead horse, or not to beat a dead horse... use the search function or check out some sticky notes

OR... www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

deadhorse.gif

w220091404.jpg

Beat my meat!

First of all you are an *kitten*! 2nd of all dont waste your time responding. OBVIOSLY IM NEW here you friggin IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

To your surprise, *kitten* really like wasting their time to respond to noob threads. If you were a veteran of this site, the response wouldn't change. Consider it an early welcome.

At least you'll remember me forever... :bigsmile: