Hello!

Hi everyone,

For the umpteenth time i am trying to lose weight and I really think it's going to happen this time around! I have been watching what I eat and exercising and have lost 3 lbs in the last week and a half. The only thing is I was severely anorexic in high school (I am 24 now) and it's constantly in the back of my head; a healthy 'diet' can easily turn into 'how long can i go without eating?' and while I know that's not healthy or safe, I still think about it.

Back in high school, I got down to 80 lbs (I am 5'2) and was put on anti depressants. The meds made me gain 50 lbs and since then, it's been a struggle just to keep my weight at what it should be for my height. I get up to 140 then go down to 115. Then I stop working out and gain it all back. Currently, I am 162 which is the most I have ever weighed. My goal weight is 115 (I'd love to be 100 but I know I look way too skinny). I know it's going to be a long journey but I have faith in myself that I can do it and in a healthy way. Plus, with all the support from everyone here I think I'll be just fine! Off to the gym I go!

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    Hiya, welcome to MFP, it's a great site with a lovely community. You can share your worries and concerns on here and there are always people who will jump to reassure and help :-)

I gained with anti-depressants for GAD and panic attacks, I know how hard it can be to shift the weight with them, they can really mess with your metabolism! You'll be fine here though, whenever I ask a question wondering if I'm the only one thinking something, there's always others saying the same :-) I'll send you an add, let's look out for each other :-) x