I just binged, what do I do now?

caroln3
caroln3 Posts: 217
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
:sick: This morning I was so happy because I had lost a pound but now I am not feeling very good about myself.:sick: :frown:

Replies

• soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Work out twice as hard!

Play hard, work hard!
  • jhendricks123
    jhendricks123 Posts: 38 Member
    It happens caroln! Food-wise, just pretend it didn't happen and try to stay on track. In my opinion it is a mistake to try to make up for it by starving yourself the next day if that's something you're considering. I'd suggest earning back as much of that binge as you can by doing some (extra) exercise tonight.
  • Tomorrow is a new day! Just get back on the wagon tomorrow! We all have our low control days.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Get some cardio in and start over its not the end of the world
    every one has bad days
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    take it in stride! get back on track tomorrow, and don't give up! everyone has days where they eat what they know they shouldn't (i had one yesterday), but don't let it ruin what you've done so far!

good luck!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    What do you do? Get right back on track! Don't give up. Eating better & controlling the portions takes practice. Most of us who struggle with our weight mess up sooner or later. I was eating peanut butter straight of the jar the other night. Horrible. But I got right back to it the next morning.

Just... Keep.... Going.!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    What we all have done... get up, dust yourself off... and you keep on. That's all....
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I think Jillian or one of the other big-name trainers pointed out that if one of your car tires went flat you wouldn't let the air out of the other tires, so don't use it as an excuse to give up. It's a process just like quitting anything, and you just need to get back on track and not punish yourself. We all have slip ups, splurges and days when things don't go as planned.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    When I binge I make sure I log EVERYTHING...then I try to exercise all the "extra" calories away over the course of the next few days. Also, I make sure to drink ATLEAST 8 glasses of water a day. I find that I am more prone to a binge when I haven't been drinking enough and also when I am tired. Good luck.
  • Get some cardio in and start over its not the end of the world
    every one has bad days

Agreed. When you stress about it, you binge more or give up. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Get right back on track!! Eat light tomorrow and stay away from the scales. I do the same thing if I lose :/
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Look at it like zig zagging your calories. I know it feels bad, for me it's mostly the lack of control, fearing that will become an everyday thing. But you can get back on track NOW, not tomorrow, NOW. It's not bad and it prob gave your body some leptins you need to loose weight.
  • Don't let this binge time ruin the rest of your day. Don't tell yourself "I've already blown it so I might as well eat whatever else I want today." Acknowledge it, chart it on fitness pal as accurately as you can, drink water, work out some, and forgive yourself and move on. You can do this and tomorrow is another day to be healthy. Good luck on your journey. You can and will be successful!:smile:
  • caroln3
    I just wanted to start working out immediately after it happened but I was so full and wasn't sure if that was ok. After reading everyone's advice I think I will go work out tonight! Thank you all for your support.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    get that heart pumping & sweat pouring!
  • caroln3
    When I binge I make sure I log EVERYTHING...then I try to exercise all the "extra" calories away over the course of the next few days. Also, I make sure to drink ATLEAST 8 glasses of water a day. I find that I am more prone to a binge when I haven't been drinking enough and also when I am tired. Good luck.

You are right I haven't been drinking enough water, thanks for the tip
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    PURGE......jk workout double tonight try to burn more calories.
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    We all have days that get the better of us. This is the way I think of it.... If I run a stop sign in the morning on my way to work, I spend the rest of the day being way more careful. It's idiotic to think that just because I broke one traffic law means that I can just continue the rest of day seeing how many more I could break. Look yourself in the eye and own your mistake, then move on. No need to dwell.
  • caroln3
    PURGE......jk workout double tonight try to burn more calories.

I am ashamed to say that I thought about it but I just shook my head and decided to ask for advice. I am definitely going to work out double tonight .
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Consider today your day off this week. But, no more days off until next week. :-)
This discussion has been closed.